By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS finishes Sony? ANOTHER Price-cut coming tomorrow in Europe

I was going to dispute selnor's claims, but MikeB seems to be handling the situation. Frankly, selnor is about at the same level of bias on the other side -- at least in this thread.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

The x360 is going to be the same price as the wii???

Damn, i probably will feel deeply sorry for the ps3 in the following weeks =(

NiKKoM said:
outlawauron said:

I'm sorry. A trailer that you think is gameplay footage won't do. I want to play the game first.

And we now have three price drops in one year for the 360.

No not really.. it just that some stores a bringing to price even lower.. it's not a microsoft price cut.. cause like MikeB and I discussed.. Same store chain, different location, different price...

now thats interesting...I wonder if the store is making anything out of the sale at 119- ...

It might appear to consumers that they're trying to shed the product (like old/discontinued stuff in a bargain bin arrangement?)?

I wish I could read the article for the full story, the google trans. sucks somewhat.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Lord N said:
NJ5 said:
Lord N said:

Then it's still unnecessary and redundant as Sony already took care of that from the start with the pricing and design of the PS3.

To a degree, you're right. But for every person who chooses a 360 instead of a PS3, the Playstation brandname loses more value. MS is clearly trying to push the Playstation brand down as much as possible.

They started with heavy price cuts in Japan, and are now moving on to Europe which is the next place where the Playstation brand was really strong. America was easier.

The questions you have to ask here are "Is it really worth it?", and "Is it having any real effect?". The answer to both is a resounding "No."

Let's look at the region you first brought up, Japan. The PS3 has been rather dead from the start, and the 360's sales have been outright dead, so the truckloads of money that they spent securing titles like Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, ToV, etc, coupled with all the money they've lost on price cuts has proven to be more costly than what it's really worth it.

Even in Europe, the 360's sales right now are high due to the holiday season. Prior to that, even after the second price cut, the sales difference was rather minimal, and the PS3 even outsold it one week before the holidays began. After the holidays are over, 360 sales will return the normal, and even if it's still ahead of the PS3, the sales difference will be rather minimal, certainly not what it is now.

You might be able to anwer in the affirmative to the aforementioned questions if the 360 was the market leader this generation, but that's not the case. Nothing that Microsoft has done has had any real effect on the PS3's sales. That can be credited to Sony's own mistakes, and if you want to bring up another console being bought instead of the PS3, then that is easily the Wii, not the 360.

So you see, MS's repeated attempts to hurt Sony haven't had any significant effect. What has had a significant effect is Sony's own blunders and the sucess of the Wii, the latter of which has also hurt Microsoft.

All those PS3 exclusives that Micorsoft "Bought" say HI!!!! Oh and the 8+ million unit gap does too :) 

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

1337 Gamer said:
Lord N said:
NJ5 said:
Lord N said:
Then it's still unnecessary and redundant as Sony already took care of that from the start with the pricing and design of the PS3.
To a degree, you're right. But for every person who chooses a 360 instead of a PS3, the Playstation brandname loses more value. MS is clearly trying to push the Playstation brand down as much as possible.

They started with heavy price cuts in Japan, and are now moving on to Europe which is the next place where the Playstation brand was really strong. America was easier.
The questions you have to ask here are "Is it really worth it?", and "Is it having any real effect?". The answer to both is a resounding "No."

Let's look at the region you first brought up, Japan. The PS3 has been rather dead from the start, and the 360's sales have been outright dead, so the truckloads of money that they spent securing titles like Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, ToV, etc, coupled with all the money they've lost on price cuts has proven to be more costly than what it's really worth it.

Even in Europe, the 360's sales right now are high due to the holiday season. Prior to that, even after the second price cut, the sales difference was rather minimal, and the PS3 even outsold it one week before the holidays began. After the holidays are over, 360 sales will return the normal, and even if it's still ahead of the PS3, the sales difference will be rather minimal, certainly not what it is now.

You might be able to anwer in the affirmative to the aforementioned questions if the 360 was the market leader this generation, but that's not the case. Nothing that Microsoft has done has had any real effect on the PS3's sales. That can be credited to Sony's own mistakes, and if you want to bring up another console being bought instead of the PS3, then that is easily the Wii, not the 360.

So you see, MS's repeated attempts to hurt Sony haven't had any significant effect. What has had a significant effect is Sony's own blunders and the sucess of the Wii, the latter of which has also hurt Microsoft.
All those PS3 exclusives that Micorsoft "Bought" say HI!!!! Oh and the 8+ million unit gap does too :)

Fixed your post for you.  Next time please put your response in the appropriate space or make some minimal attempt to differentiate your text from the original. 

Also please look at the front page of this site and tell me if 24.8-17.8 equals more or less than 8.  (Hint:  Less.)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!