By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Left 4 dead is crap

It is simple! If you don't have friends to play with then DON'T BUY L4D or Army of Two. Those games shines only in co-op.

Around the Network

One needs to be stupid to buy Left 4 Dead for single player campaign. I can admit if you play offline L4D is crap.

But online makes it the best game released this year and one of the most exciting and unique experiences you can get from a video game.

@Rei I disagree ;-; Granted I'm not sure how titles are looking on the PC front, but I think there have been much better Multi-player titles on the consoles :x

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

i think this game is misleading......many ppl think it's a good all-round experience like HL or so but just end up being sour because it's mainly online.

it begs the question......when the game isn't specifically marketed as a 'mainly' online game how the arse ppl are really suppose to know besides reading long reviews (which some personally don't like to do because it's considered spoilers for them)

Around the Network

haha...why do people post in these threads? just let them die...

Wait, sorry, i didnt help the cause.

KylieDog said:
vlad321 said:
KylieDog said:
Comparing Outbreak to L4D is silly. Outbreak actually has real zombies.

Depends on your definition of zombie. L4D enemies are very much as zombie-like as Outbreak's.

There is only one zombie, and those things in L4D aren't it.

The definition of zombie has changed throughout the years. The L4D zombies are legit zombies. Especially if you go by the very broad definition of a human without any conscious thought, outside of of a few primitive instincts, like feeding for example.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
kabhold said:
I have all 3 consoles and I have never been online w/ them. I usually never play online games.

Why did you bother buying the game at all then? It's like bashing UT franchise for its weak single-player. The problem here is with the user, not the game.

This.

Not liking a game is one thing and that's perfectly cool you don't like the game because you don't like online games and you don't like co-op, but to not even play the true game (NOTE-- the single player campaign isn't the true game) and then come out and say the game is absolute crap is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

That's like saying Metal Gear Solid 4 is a terrible game because it has no platforming.  MGS4 isn't a platformer and L4D isn't a single player game.

LOL I love the term "Legit Zombies". :3 It makes them seem so... gang related ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

KylieDog said:
vlad321 said:
KylieDog said:
Comparing Outbreak to L4D is silly. Outbreak actually has real zombies.

Depends on your definition of zombie. L4D enemies are very much as zombie-like as Outbreak's.

There is only one zombie, and those things in L4D aren't it.

Please, I hate purist snobs.  :-p

Zombies are supposed to be terrifying and fast zombies scare the piss out of me.  I would be much more scared of a Left4Dead or 28 Days Later zombie than a 1978 Dawn of the Dead pussy zombie that can be casually shoved away.