By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
leo-j said:
@Stan

No its not, when you have a competitor, that started loosing market share to the PS3, they cut the price to extreemly cheap proportions, the 360 is $199, and in europe in some places its as cheap if not cheaper than the "DS"(which is $129.99 in the U.S for comparison), compared to a $399.99 console, and extreemly more expensive in both japan, and europe, you wouldnt expect the PS3 to outsell something that is beyond cheap.. add to that we are in a recession, you think people have the $$$$ to waste 400-500 dollars on a video game console?

That's a lie some of your lot have attempted to spread before. The only 360's cheaper than a DS will be very limited specific-retailer only offers. Just because eleven shops in Italy for a single week will discount their stock of old 360's until they run dry doesn't make the 360 cheaper than the DS.

Unless you are willing to admit the ps3 is free, of course - since following your logic the cheapest ps3 cost is 0€ since they are given away with TV purchases, cellular contracts, etc.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
LOL @ Maynard and insomniac and people who are talking about PS3's sales.

FACT: PS3 is on par with last years sales WITHOUT a price cut.
FACT: PS3 sales last year were awesome!
FACT: This year Ps3 sales are still awesome!
FACT: The compitition is selling more which brings out the trolls

What you're saying is that the PS3 is doing fine except in terms of competition. I think everyone else agrees.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

2008 was supposed to be the year for the ps3, insted with better games and a lot of deals, the ps3 is still selling the same.... oh wait, this week last year i think the ps3 sold more in the US. So, how can it be good for a console to sell the same when its suppose to have better games?

Ps3 sales are not awesome, DS and Wii's are. X360 too

The ps3 is not moving foward, which brings the excuses from people like you, and then we come to just tell the truth and then you start talking s**t and offending others with no apparent reason.

Funny.

BF - week after this year

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 29th Nov 2008 to 06th Dec 2008:

Console PS3
Total 733,668

and now!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

LAST YEAR!

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 24th Nov 2007 to 01st Dec 2007:

Console PS3
Total 728,677

I didnt think it was possible, but now there is the possibility of the Wii passing PSP sales before the end of the year. That's REAL close. Wii marketshare increases to 48.5% as well. If the ratio of Wii vs HD sales continues on a similar ratio, its possible to see Wii hit 50% marketshare by March. That'll really get developers and publishers alike shifting resources.

Around the Network

@Max King of the Wild:

In other news, marathon losers claim their left leg is running great compared with their right leg.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Maynard_Tool said: 

2008 was supposed to be the year for the ps3, insted with better games and a lot of deals, the ps3 is still selling the same.... oh wait, this week last year i think the ps3 sold more in the US. So, how can it be good for a console to sell the same when its suppose to have better games?

The ps3 is not moving foward, which brings the excuses from people like you, and then we come to just tell the truth and then you start talking s**t and offending others with no apparent reason.

Funny.

If your a gamer its the year of the PS3, why? Because unlike the WII it got AAA GAMES this year =)

mM
Maynard_Tool said:

2008 was supposed to be the year for the ps3, insted with better games and a lot of deals, the ps3 is still selling the same.... oh wait, this week last year i think the ps3 sold more in the US.

The ps3 is not moving foward, which brings the excuses for people like you, and then we come to just tell the truth and then you start talking s**t and offending others with no apparent reason.

Funny.

This year.....

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 06th Dec 2008:

Console PS3
Total

Last year...

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 06th Jan 2007 to 08th Dec 2007:

Console PS3
Total

You gys are making this too easy.

@Max King of the Wild

give it up....those who want to understand have understood....those who don't want to..won't no matter what you do.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

BF - week after this year

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 29th Nov 2008 to 06th Dec 2008:

Console PS3
Total 733,668

and now!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

LAST YEAR!

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 24th Nov 2007 to 01st Dec 2007:

Console PS3
Total 728,677

So after one year, with better deals (the 160 gb ps3 with uncharted for example), with more and better games (MGS4, GTA4....) and in what its supposed the great year for the ps3 (08), is still selling the same as 2007???

Ps3 = not moving foward despite all talking