By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Max King of the Wild said:
LNRT said:

Because of all the soccer moms who watch the Ellen show.

and those moms buy it to just look at it? or do they buy it to play games on it?

Well that really was a joke but if you want to know my experience with wiis then....

My moms work had a Wii Bowl tourny.... the people who brought it in bought the wii for wii sports and had no other games...

My mom wanted to buy a wii for me. I told her no thanks. She said why its fun (From just playing wii sports). Then I had her play the Wii in gamestop. Now she doesn't want it.

My friend bought a wii and only has party games... last time I checked. Haven't been to his house since new years. A girl he liked tried to hook up with me and now he hates me.

another one of my friends bought a wii and sold it because the only game he liked was SSBB and he got bored of it. He bought NMH and he bought Zelda and he bought RE4.

One of my girlfriends had a wii... all she had was wii sports and monkey ball.

Those are all my run ins with the Wii.

OK, so you've explained  why 5 Wiis were bought. I look forward to you explaining the other 40,169,995 in your next post.

Around the Network

Don't try to reason with him Grampy.

I bought mine because of the blue light. I love the blue light.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

great sales overall, even though PS3 sales are lowest, it's higher than last year at the same price point.

Good numbers all around.

Oh, and for 2007 comparison, this is what happens, it seems:

Week after Black Friday: -30%
Next Week: +30% (so around BF numbers next week)
Next Week: +20%
Next Week: +15% (week before Christmas)
Christmas Week: -50%

ASSUMING we see similar margins of increase, this would put average console sales around 75-80% higher for the highest week of the year - just before Christmas.

IF this was indeed the case, we should see the following for peak sales in NA:

Wii ~931,000
X360 ~561,000
PS3 ~261,000

And PAL should look like (with a 40% increase...which should be expected):

Wii ~840,000
X360 ~450,000
PS3 ~ 246,000

That'd put both territories to:

Wii ~1,771,000
X360 ~1,011,000
PS3 ~507,000

Overall, great if true. Wii could/should hit 2m at one point.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

PS3 is only selling like it was before the Holiday season, how sad.....meanwhile Microsoft's 360 pricecut has increased its sales to double of PS3 WW each week during the holiday season so far.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Around the Network
Zombl337 said:
PS3 is only selling like it was before the Holiday season, how sad.....meanwhile Microsoft's 360 pricecut has increased its sales to double of PS3 WW each week during the holiday season so far.

And by same before holiday season you mean 200k less... right?

LNRT said:

Because of all the soccer moms who watch the Ellen show.

and those moms buy it to just look at it? or do they buy it to play games on it?

Well that really was a joke but if you want to know my experience with PS3's then....

My moms work had a PS3 tourny.... the people who brought it in bought the wii for wii sports and had no other games... Don't know enough people who own PS3's to have a tourney of any sort

My mom wanted to buy a PS3 for me. I told her no thanks. She said why its fun (From seing commercials). Then I showed her the game selection at gamestop anc compared it to the 360's. Now she doesn't want it.

My coworker bought a PS3 and only has Blu Ray movies... last time I checked. Haven't been to his house since new years. cause he got fired.

another one of my friends bought a PS3 and sold it because the only games he liked was a 360 Port and he got bored of it. He bought COD4 and he bought MGS4.

One of my girlfriends had a wii... all she had was wii sports and monkey ball. I actually don't know a single girl who owns a PS3... well neither a 360..

Those are all my run ins with the PS3.

So I guess my experience with the PS3's are similar to your experience with the Wii...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Grampy said:

OK, so you've explained  why 5 Wiis were bought. I look forward to you explaining the other 40,169,995 in your next post.

Oh.... I wasn't aware that's what I was doing. Must have slipped my mind. Sorry! senior citizen moment for me

DMeisterJ said:
Fernando said:
Zim said:
360 is doing really well. Hopefully for the next xbox MS will realise how much the 3 red lights hurt them in the start and make sure the console is insanely reliable. Im sure without 3rl the 360 would have been in a much better position currently.

DmeisterJ talking about how these things don't affect everyday life positively or negatively while having over 13000! posts on a sales tracking website. Boy that seems pretty strange. 13000 posts made about something that he thinks doesn't matter. Seriously DMJ for someone that constantly tells people to get a life maybe you should consider how much time it took you to make 13000 posts.

This.

Actually... I've been posting less and less as this problem has become more prevalant.  I got to 10k a while ago, with just around a year of posting, and now it's not unlikely that I can go a day or two without posting too many times.

lol!

You're constantly in denial!!

For example this last message... looking quickly in your post history, you've posted 425 post in 10 DAYS!!!

An average of 42.5 posts a day!!!

What you wrote in your sig is basically a description of what you do...

I'm sorry to sound like an ass here, but your in denial.. you take this more seriously then anyone else here.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

^someone got burned :s and bad