By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Any 360 owners NOT buying Halo 3?

I have a 360, and at first had Halo 3 preordered, but then cancelled it when they released the campaign trailer. Not only does it look like a Halo 2 port, but they made the biggest mistake of their life: it runs off of the Halo 2 engine. Everything looks exactly like Halo 2: graphics, AI, effects, physics, interface (regarding the whole HUD)... apparently Bungie lied when they said that the announcement trailer was in real-time, with the Master Chief in all of his glittery glory, but now looks like a plastic action figure.

It still amazes me to this day that Halo is considered an FPS revolution when the first game looked like the end result of a mapmaker, the second had a ridiculously short campaign and fewer weapons, and now this same 'flagship' title on a next-gen console looks like a three year old Xbox port. I seriously can't wait to get my degree in game design, so I can show what a real revolution is like.

Boycott UbiZoft
Around the Network
Alexie Di Onie said:
leo-j said:
Who would buy a helmet...and a big box with the same Fu**in game for 130buks? I know! My dumb ass friends!!! Even if I had a 360 I wouldnt buy halo 3, I didnt like halo 1, since it got boring after you beat it. It is extreemly overrated, I even think call of duty 2 was better.

IM buyin it!

I've had my helmet pre-ordered since last year this time.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Me.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Kenkaku said:
I have a 360, and at first had Halo 3 preordered, but then cancelled it when they released the campaign trailer. Not only does it look like a Halo 2 port, but they made the biggest mistake of their life: it runs off of the Halo 2 engine. Everything looks exactly like Halo 2: graphics, AI, effects, physics, interface (regarding the whole HUD)... apparently Bungie lied when they said that the announcement trailer was in real-time, with the Master Chief in all of his glittery glory, but now looks like a plastic action figure.

It still amazes me to this day that Halo is considered an FPS revolution when the first game looked like the end result of a mapmaker, the second had a ridiculously short campaign and fewer weapons, and now this same 'flagship' title on a next-gen console looks like a three year old Xbox port. I seriously can't wait to get my degree in game design, so I can show what a real revolution is like.

wrong..... the texturing is more close steel plate now than it was on the first trailer.... so if you think it looks plastic it's because you are used to unrealistic looking metal on many games.... and the shiny glass was stupid too.... you don't put a miror on the face of a soldier so you can spot it in the dark from 10 miles away...

now for the second part it wasn't about graphics... even though for console it wasn't that bad for an unfinished game.... but the balance in gameplay, the AI (yes the AI), story etc was new and better than most games on console and even pc (yeah I said PC) for the story part in an FPS and the AI in a sci fi FPS.... 

now the new halo could be in same kind of graphics than the first doom... if I have my story, a good game play and as much fun than the first one i'll probably buy it pre oowned at least.... but I would be desapointed.... 

Thank you for bringing up the other point I forgot: the story is god awful. It's so bad that you wouldn't know what going on unless you read the ****ing books.

The story has no main character. There are no leads as to who you're supposed to be, why you're fighting, not even what you're trying to do. They just hand you a gun and say 'go shoot stuff.' Oh, no, I'm sorry, they don't ask that, they hand you a gun and say 'find some ammo.' Seriously, what the hell? There's no uniqueness to the overall story, either, as it follows the generic 'human race is doomed by alien race' thing and then you make way for the ****ing Half Life 2 zombies.

It's bad enough that Microsoft flat out admits that the story is bad when they hire someone to write books as canon so you could have a freakin' clue as to what exactly was going on and who you are, and to fill the huge, unexplainable gap between Halo 1 and Halo 2; it was like half the script got thrown into the garbage. To make matters worse, any character development they chose to make happened with and only with the ARBITER. You know... the one with the BAD GUYS?!

As far as I can tell, Bungie's creativity, or lack thereof, will be completely obvious in Halo 3; people are hyping the game for a dramatic ending, but face it, this game is made by the same guys that made Halo 2, and there was NOTHING compelling in that title; they couldn't even make a worthwhile cliffhanger.

And believe me, the AI is nothing to brag about; nobody takes cover except for the elites, who seem to lose all sight of you once they hide, as you can just walk up to them and bash their heads open. I've even seen grunts and jackals fall off cliffs, humans run in front of vehicles, I've even seen respective enemies and allies throw their grenades against the ceiling or wall. TimeSplitters Future Perfect had better AI in the multiplayer.

Oh, and thank you for proving fanboys' loyalty to Bungie; they change everything that made Halo 3 look remotely next gen, everyone is all in a fit about it, as they hoped that the campaign would at least look better than the multiplayer, but then Bungie says 'we think it looks better this way,' and everyone's like 'oh, okay.' It pains me that people are paying $60-$120 for this.

Boycott UbiZoft
Around the Network

The game will be fun for hundreds if not thousands of hours, and isn't fun supposed to be what videogames are all about?  Also there are many people interested in seeing where the story goes so it's obviously not that bad of a storyline.

Kenkaku said:
Thank you for bringing up the other point I forgot: the story is god awful. It's so bad that you wouldn't know what going on unless you read the ****ing books.

The story has no main character. There are no leads as to who you're supposed to be, why you're fighting, not even what you're trying to do. They just hand you a gun and say 'go shoot stuff.' Oh, no, I'm sorry, they don't ask that, they hand you a gun and say 'find some ammo.' Seriously, what the hell? There's no uniqueness to the overall story, either, as it follows the generic 'human race is doomed by alien race' thing and then you make way for the ****ing Half Life 2 zombies.

It's bad enough that Microsoft flat out admits that the story is bad when they hire someone to write books as canon so you could have a freakin' clue as to what exactly was going on and who you are, and to fill the huge, unexplainable gap between Halo 1 and Halo 2; it was like half the script got thrown into the garbage. To make matters worse, any character development they chose to make happened with and only with the ARBITER. You know... the one with the BAD GUYS?!

As far as I can tell, Bungie's creativity, or lack thereof, will be completely obvious in Halo 3; people are hyping the game for a dramatic ending, but face it, this game is made by the same guys that made Halo 2, and there was NOTHING compelling in that title; they couldn't even make a worthwhile cliffhanger.

And believe me, the AI is nothing to brag about; nobody takes cover except for the elites, who seem to lose all sight of you once they hide, as you can just walk up to them and bash their heads open. I've even seen grunts and jackals fall off cliffs, humans run in front of vehicles, I've even seen respective enemies and allies throw their grenades against the ceiling or wall. TimeSplitters Future Perfect had better AI in the multiplayer.

Oh, and thank you for proving fanboys' loyalty to Bungie; they change everything that made Halo 3 look remotely next gen, everyone is all in a fit about it, as they hoped that the campaign would at least look better than the multiplayer, but then Bungie says 'we think it looks better this way,' and everyone's like 'oh, okay.' It pains me that people are paying $60-$120 for this.

You would know ehh, im sure you have halo 3 and played it

Im not even going to read your post, just sounds like you hate halo, just go away then, just go away.

Either

1.  your a Sony or Nintendo fanboy

2. Your just stupid, ill rip into any game you like if you want me too, im sick of you pointing out every little mistake, and guess what most of that is crap you come up with.

Way to come onto these forums just to dip into halo, go away.

Also the storyline is quite deep, but your brain probably cant handle it at this point

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Kenkaku said:

The story premise itself is pretty standard "alien menace" with a "worse alien menace" twist.  Oh, and don't forget the "ancient artifacts left by a now-extinct, benevolent, highly advanced alien race."  But that doesn't mean that the EXECUTION of the story is bad. 

I mean, look at Alien and Aliens.  Two of the most highly regarded science fiction movies ever, and what's their story premise?  "OMG super tough hyperpredators that only live to destroy!"  Please.  Their blood eats through 20 feet of solid steel?  That's believable.  But the execution of these stories makes them great movies. 

With regard to Halo, the books just tell stories related to the history of the SPARTAN project and the human-Covenant war prior to Halo.  There is no need to read the books to "get" the games' story and you probably know that perfectly well. 

The Halo games may have turned their focus away from the single-player experience, but that doesn't mean the story sucks.  Peddle your Halo hate elsewhere. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I'm goin to wait a week because more than likely my store will sell out before I get to it. The story of the first Halo was great but Halo 2 was a let down for me but besides bioshock I think the Halo series has the best story then any first person shooter out right now hands down.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills
Kenkaku said:

WOW O_O you bought up a 2 week old thread, and discussed your hate to Halo 3. Your really brillant!