By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Any 360 owners NOT buying Halo 3?

I'm not buying halo 3!!!!!!

Send me a message if you want to be Wii friends.

Around the Network

I had been sitting on the fence about Halo 3 until they announced the 4 player coop.

I believe that it will be viral... I made my brother buy Gears of War when it came out so that we could play together.

Now this time around I'm gonna make my brother (well actually he's already preordered it) and 2 other poor souls buy Halo 3.. I also believe this scenario will happen alot. Groups of 2 or 3 friends will pressure other friends to get it to form teams of 4.

Also I wanted to say that alot of people here are saying they won't buy Halo 3, but that's cause where video game snobs... We compare everything to Chrono Trigger, Fallout, Super Mario 3, etc. We're not the average mob on the streets.. the same mob that purchases Harry Potter.

You just shouldn't use this type of forum to gauge how many copies Halo 3 will sell

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Who would buy a helmet...and a big box with the same Fu**in game for 130buks? I know! My dumb ass friends!!! Even if I had a 360 I wouldnt buy halo 3, I didnt like halo 1, since it got boring after you beat it. It is extreemly overrated, I even think call of duty 2 was better.

mM

I don't like Halo at all so no I won't buy it

gebx said:

Also I wanted to say that alot of people here are saying they won't buy Halo 3, but that's cause where video game snobs... We compare everything to Chrono Trigger, Fallout, Super Mario 3, etc. We're not the average mob on the streets.. the same mob that purchases Harry Potter.

I don't know if I would consider myself a video game snob (could be just too snobby to acknowledge I'm snob I suppose) but even I where, that's not why I don't want Halo 3. I'm just simply not a huge fan of console shooters (see why here) and they generally need something pretty good going for them for me to consider buying them.

Gears of War got bought because I liked the cover system and Bioshock will more than likely be bought (over MP3 even-- very tough choice) because of the open endedness and the AI (why I bought FEAR for the PC).

And just so I don't sound like I don't like Halo no wai I'm getting it lol!! type person, my big reason for not being a fan is it's generally too fast for me since I don't love fast FPS games on consoles (Geras was slow, another reason I liked it). 

Around the Network

hum question: don't you guys want to wait for Halo 3 to be released or at least review before arguing if it's a revolution or not ???
it's like KZ 2, for what i have seen, I don't see how it's innovating ?? (not saying it's bad)
about comapring GOW and halo it's stupid first it's a TPS, the game setting is totaly diferent, cover system, pace of the game, size of the map, freedom in those maps etc...

and if I had to make a guess about innovation in halo it would be the AI probably, which is going to be a big difference than other game...I haven't seen any AI in FPS good lately.... even HL 2 was freaking bad...

to answer the question, I'm a halo fan and I haven't pre ordered yet... but I'll buy it when I don't know.... I want mass effect and bioshock absolutely too... so we'll see it depends how long I stay on bioshock....

^^ ever played FarCry ??? AI was pretty good, poeple sneaking up on you, looking for cover, last enemy getting reenforcements......that kind of think, I wonder if Crysis will build up on that.

I will certainly not buy it, as I dislike playing FPS on consoles.
Also Ive had my 360 since launch & only have 3 games; Kameo, Pro Evo Soccer & Virtua Tennis (the latter 2 mainly being for playing at partys or with friends)
The only games I will buy in the near future are Pro Evo (new one) & Blue Dragon

Im much more of a Nintendo gamer (Pokemon, Mario Kart) or adventure games (Kameo, WoW) or the occasional FPS on PC. I hate it that people expect you to buy the best game on the console even if its not to your taste. Some people were looking at me funny because I didnt have gears of war *sigh*
I have a PS3 without any games (for BDs) & all 3 next gen consoles with only 5 games between them :p

leo-j said:
Who would buy a helmet...and a big box with the same Fu**in game for 130buks? I know! My dumb ass friends!!! Even if I had a 360 I wouldnt buy halo 3, I didnt like halo 1, since it got boring after you beat it. It is extreemly overrated, I even think call of duty 2 was better.

IM buyin it!

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

I'll likely get a 360 in the next 6 months, and I love Fps. However, Halo 1 didn't wow me, and I'm not big on multiplayer, so it'll be awhile before I get H3. I'm MUCH more excited about Mass Effect and Bioshock (& Mario Galaxy).