By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii just short of 50000 units sold in switzerland

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:
We have a completely fucked up group with France, Italy and Romania. So the positive thing is that if we somehow survive our groupstage we won't encounter France or Italy again until a possible final. But to be honest, I really don't see us getting very far this time, its been about 8 years ago that we played good football in a tournament.

How have Austria's results been the last few times? Have they actually qualified for the actual tournaments?

Oh yeah, your country is in the most difficult group, it's really hard to predict who will advance to the quarter finals from that group. And yes, the Netherlands haven't played good football at the last few tournaments.

It's very easy to sum up Austria's results in the previous Euro tournaments: We never qualified. Euro 08 is the first time we are participating in this tournament. The last World Cup we qualified for was '98 and back then we got eliminated in the group stage after two draws (Cameron, Chile) and a loss (Italy).

Oke, a short recap of Dutch results of the last 20 years, just out of my memory:

Euro 1988 won final against Sovjet Union 2-0

WC 1990 lost to Germany 2-1 (in the second round?)

Euro 1992 lost semi final against Denmark on penalties

WC 1994 lost quarter final against Brazil 2-3

Euro 1996 lost quarter final against France on penalties

WC 1998 lost semi final against Brazil on penalties

Euro 2000 lost semi final against Italy on penalties

WC 2002 Did not qualify

Euro 2004 lost semi final to Portugal 2-1

WC 2006 lost second round to Portugal 1-0

Basically we had a pretty good peak in the 90s, usually going out on penalties at the latter stages of the tournament. Looking at the last 2 championships we'll be alright as long as we don't have to play Portugal

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:

Oke, a short recap of Dutch results of the last 20 years, just out of my memory:

Euro 1988 won final against Sovjet Union 2-0

WC 1990 lost to Germany 2-1 (in the second round?)

Euro 1992 lost semi final against Denmark on penalties

WC 1994 lost quarter final against Brazil 2-3

Euro 1996 lost quarter final against France on penalties

WC 1998 lost semi final against Brazil on penalties

Euro 2000 lost semi final against Italy on penalties

WC 2002 Did not qualify

Euro 2004 lost semi final to Portugal 2-1

WC 2006 lost second round to Portugal 1-0

Basically we had a pretty good peak in the 90s, usually going out on penalties at the latter stages of the tournament. Looking at the last 2 championships we'll be alright as long as we don't have to play Portugal

You have a pretty good memory, because I remember these same results as well. Euro 2000 was the most horrible match to watch, your team missed two penalty kicks in the regular game and another three in the shootout. I hope, your current team coach lets the players practice penalty kicks.

You have an even better memory if you remember the results of other countries than your own. And I hope we'll actually get to a stage where we need to take some penalty kicks That game in 2000 was horrible, we were definitely better than Italy but you could also say we deserved to go out when scoring only 1 penalty out of 6 attempts.

yeah what are your prediction for euro 2008 ???

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:
RolStoppable said:

You have a pretty good memory, because I remember these same results as well. Euro 2000 was the most horrible match to watch, your team missed two penalty kicks in the regular game and another three in the shootout. I hope, your current team coach lets the players practice penalty kicks.

You have an even better memory if you remember the results of other countries than your own. And I hope we'll actually get to a stage where we need to take some penalty kicks That game in 2000 was horrible, we were definitely better than Italy but you could also say we deserved to go out when scoring only 1 penalty out of 6 attempts.

Well, it's not hard to remember the results of another country, if your own country has no previous results.

And no, you didn't deserve to go out. Italy played bad and I don't even remember them having a serious chance to score a goal. I was so happy when they lost the final, especially because Wiltord scored for the 1-1 in injury time to get the game into overtime. And Trezeguet finished the job with his golden goal.

Well, I never meant to say Italy deserved to go through, it was more that if you don't make any of the chances you create you're bound to lose in the end and you only have yourself to blame.

I really find it hard to say which country will win Euro 2008. There is a pretty big group of teams who have a shot at winning it, even Holland if we get through the group stages. I mean, did anybody seriously expected Greece to win it 4 years ago? So maybe that even provides some hope for Austria Rol! And even if they go out quickly it will still be their best result on a European Championship ever...

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:

Well, I never meant to say Italy deserved to go through, it was more that if you don't make any of the chances you create you're bound to lose in the end and you only have yourself to blame.

I really find it hard to say which country will win Euro 2008. There is a pretty big group of teams who have a shot at winning it, even Holland if we get through the group stages. I mean, did anybody seriously expected Greece to win it 4 years ago? So maybe that even provides some hope for Austria Rol! And even if they go out quickly it will still be their best result on a European Championship ever...

I said it all along that Austria will win Euro 08, just look at the second post of this thread. I think our strategy worked pretty well so far, all those years we pretended to be bad in football and now we'll show our true strength. May god have mercy with the other teams, muahaha!

Thanks for the warning Rol, luckily we're not a group with your surprisingly strong team!

Around the Network

Thanx for digging up my favorite thread Rol... and you are quite popular as well... at least in my book...

Yeah the Dutch shure gave Italy hell yesterday... Italy was a little unlucky and could have scored a few goals as well but in the end the Dutch were the better team by quite a bit... the secon goal wasjust insane... sensational pass over the complete field and then a brilliant shot...

Portugal was very good too... Germany was solid... but I wasn´t to happy with them yet... still it was a ok performace and they can build up on that... group C is going to be very interesting... expecially since France only has one point and Italy zero... and both are major contestants so it will be interesting to see how well they pull it toghether now... to bad england isn´t around though...

On a side note, do other people play "Fussball-Tennis" ??? I played it again yesterday and it was extremely fun... it has tennis rules mixed with football rules.... you play on a tennis field with a net and smaller borders but with a football and you only get to use the parts of the body that are leagal in football... really really fun... you can play it with four to eight people and you get to show off you coordination skills a lot... very esthetic...

I thought there would be news of how many Wiis are in Switzerland.

I am dissapointed.

The second game last night was awesome. The Dutch team played so great, the second goal was absolutely fantastic. Italy - not so good.

The first game was really sad. So the "killer" group has actually one amazing team and three meh teams. Lets see how France-Italy goes.

Finals: Germany vs. Holland? Would be scary.....für uns.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Oh, and the Swiss and Australian teams were a bit unlucky I guess...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Oh, and the Swiss and Australian teams were a bit unlucky I guess...

You mean Austrian right ?