By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN to change a review due to complaints

@ halogamer: no worries. One sometimes has to say something stupid, hoping that the other one will realize their own stupid comments. Let's hope Stan realizes that.

and btw, why would refs say "take a knee" in Soccer (our "football")? >_>

Around the Network
StanGable said:
Wow, what a bunch of pussies. I love it how soccer fans have to cry about that review to get it a better one. Way to prove us that your sport sucks so much that you need to cry like a baby. First thing that comes to mind is a soccer player holding his leg on the ground crying for barely getting touch in a play, y'all soccer fanatics are true to your sport, lolz

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Have you IGN mockers even seen this game? It is amazing it even got a 2.0. The game looks like something from a group of 5 first year programming students made it in the last three months of school. I have spent hours in franchise mode on many a sports games, and the non dedicated frachise from most of them blow this piece of crap out of the water.

Today is a digusting day in the game media industry. One of th most respectable sites has given in to BS ranting. The dignety of the industry lays in ruin.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Have you IGN mockers even seen this game? It is amazing it even got a 2.0. The game looks like something from a group of 5 first year programming students made it in the last three months of school. I have spent hours in franchise mode on many a sports games, and the non dedicated frachise from most of them blow this piece of crap out of the water.

Today is a digusting day in the game media industry. One of th most respectable sites has given in to BS ranting. The dignety of the industry lays in ruin.

...Uh-oh

papflesje said:
@ halogamer: no worries. One sometimes has to say something stupid, hoping that the other one will realize their own stupid comments. Let's hope Stan realizes that.

and btw, why would refs say "take a knee" in Soccer (our "football")? >_>

Injuries or various ways of getting knocked on your ass. ;)

Around the Network

The first review shocked me.

4 ≈ One

Gamerace said:
IGN has lost a lot of credibility if you ask me. They seriously need to review their reviews. I feel there's been too much personal opinion in many of them and a lack of objectivity.

"We review games at IGN based on their own merits" - Where is that in many reviews?

Point in case many Wii games - which are deducted points for not being more like the HD versions instead of being compared to other Wii games of the same nature and how they stack up against them. CoDWaW is a good example. Is it better than the HD versions? Hell no. Is it better than MoH:H2? In almost every way - hell yes. But it scored lower.

i agree with you, IGN has lost a lot of respect for using too much personal opinion to review products. i stop listening to IGN reviews a long time ago because of this reason. the only thing that makes IGN useful is that the release dates for games are updated a lot more often then certain websites such as game informer where they don't post up a lot of games.

KBG29 said:

Have you played the game. The graphics are 100% not the point. The points is managing a football team, and if you have never played one of these games you will have no idea what they are about and why it is such a good game

KBG29 said:

You obviously have never played a FM or know anything about it.

It has nothing to do with Fifa or Pes.  It is not a simulation game in that regard.

It tries to mimick the managerial aspects of the football game (soccer, whatever).  It deals with signing, selling players, training them, dealing with the press and such.

It has nothing to do with "tapping the x to shoot, tapping the square to tackle" and such.

Therefore the review, basing it on "it's a fifa-type game" is completely null and void.

As said here: You don't judge Halo Wars as a FPS.

Question is, if the review was same but never had a score on it, would people have got their knickers in a twist? I think not. The majority of people look at the score rather than read the review text anyway and end up quoting the score and knowing nothing about the game itself when they talk about it.

There should be no score system at all - it is juvenile