By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What made you jump in to this gen?

For me was quite simple. Nintendo released a new console.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

Already had a nice PC, so no need for the HD. Wii was something fresh, interesting, and, a few months after it's release, bound to be the console winner, so i've figured out that there will be 3rd party support, and that i won't be able to play wii games on my PC.

Perfect Dark Zero, actually. Which I ended up not liking anyway.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

MANUELF said:
bigjon said:
SMG

then Fire Emblem made me buy a ps3.

WOW, it was that bad?

no I loved Fire Emblem.

it reminded me that I still enjoyed deep hardcore type games. I picked the PS3 MGS bundle with Oblivion and COD4. The Wii has some really great games for the core, but not enough. A core game need a Wii + HD console.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I would have "jumped in" eventually, but the Nintendo had me buy a console sooner than I thought I would. Generally I wait before going on to buying a next gen console. I think I'll go back to doing that next gen. That way I can see what each console has to offer, the consoles are cheaper, and so are the best games on each console.

Around the Network

PSP then DS then PS3 games.

4 ≈ One

Gears of War

Super Smash Bros Brawl. A bit late, I know, but that brings me to my next reason...

The Wii in stock. I'm sure if I tried I could have managed to find one earlier, but I was in no hurry... WoW made sure of that.

after a year or two with no gaming in my life all of a sudden my cousins boyfriend buys himself an xbox 360 and i was blown away/jealous at the same time..... i decided to "1-up" him and his nifty console so i went out a week later and bought myself a PS3 and have loved it ever since.... ;)

Zelda Twilight Princess, I wanted that game so bad...

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.