By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What made you jump in to this gen?

I forgot to add wii (which I bought first for Zelda), but I don't consider it next gen. Nothing on the console so far couldn't have been done on the previous one.

Around the Network

Dead Rising. I saw a video of a guy killing a zombie with a frying pan and figured that was about the most awesome thing ever and that I needed a 360.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

sapient said:
I forgot to add wii (which I bought first for Zelda), but I don't consider it next gen. Nothing on the console so far couldn't have been done on the previous one.

But

But it comes with Wii Sports

That one hundred percent was impossible on the last gen of consoles

I got a check for $250 for some contest I forgot I signed up for a couple weeks before the Wii released. I took it as a sign.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Xbox360 announcement.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

SMG

then Fire Emblem made me buy a ps3.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

DS.- Pokemon Pearl
Wii.- Super Mario Galaxy

bigjon said:
SMG

then Fire Emblem made me buy a ps3.

WOW, it was that bad?

Khuutra said:
sapient said:

But

But it comes with Wii Sports

That one hundred percent was impossible on the last gen of consoles

I am positive that it could have been done on a previous gen console as well. The only thing innovative is the control and a custom controller could have accomplished that. I was talking in terms of performance.

I was coming into this gen because I love my games. As long as I can afford them I hope I continue buying them. I will most likely hop in next gen as well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!