By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What made you jump in to this gen?

@squilliam

I don't remember either luckily enough :)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

1.Nintendo :) I got what l expected. 1st party goodness.
2.Halo 3 :I Maybe I should not have hyped myself so much.
3.FF XIII :( Hopefully I am under 40yo when this will be finally released.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Squilliam said:
BengaBenga said:
Zelda.

That's for any gen.

But didn't you already play the same Zelda in the previous generation??

I seriously don't get the Zelda love here... personally I don't really like that game at all.

Ehm, no. WindWaker was very much different. Actually all Zelda's are pretty different.

Zelda is the best adventure series in gaming. Period.

I don't understand why everyone loves shooters so much.

@ benga - twilight princess was fairly similar to orcarina
The original game could even be considered quite similar to the Snes A link to the Past

Windwaker =unique
Zelda II = unique
never played majoras mask, but it's apparently quite different to orcarina

And in comparison to the difference between call of duties, guitar heros and Maddens, then each zelda is incredibly different

BengaBenga said:
Squilliam said:
BengaBenga said:
Zelda.

That's for any gen.

But didn't you already play the same Zelda in the previous generation??

I seriously don't get the Zelda love here... personally I don't really like that game at all.

Ehm, no. WindWaker was very much different. Actually all Zelda's are pretty different.

Zelda is the best adventure series in gaming. Period.

I don't understand why everyone loves shooters so much.

I was talking about litterally the same game! Zelda TP is on both Gamecube and Wii.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/legendofzeldatwilightprincess

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/cube/legendofzelda

I could understand buying a platform for a new game, but not precisely the same game you'd have played and finished at least once previous.

Tease.

Around the Network

Uhm innovation!

When I saw the Wii I knew it would be the next big hit and that the controller could make some amazing games and could even revive dead genres and guess what! I was right :) I had gotten tired of consoles last gen to be honest, console gaming didn't really appeal as much as it used to and so I started to get into PC a lot, then came along the Wii and breathed life into consoles again, new ideas, new types of games, and breaking up the whole "we want to clone every thing that is popular" that went on the whole last gen.

Now that I have my freshness back I can relax with a normal console game on PS3/360 and not feel as bored as I did last gen, so I got my great innovative games on Wii and will be getting my normal but fun console games on PS3 coming this weekend =D

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Lost Odyssey

For me, the Wii offered something completely new.

Currently playing: Wii Fit / The Sims 3

Try  PrizeRebel , it could make you  rich ! I have  $15.80 USD  so far. I  love  BengaBenga' Most Wante lists.
$                     $  $  $                         

scottie said:
@ benga - twilight princess was fairly similar to orcarina uhm, no. I see what you mean though
The original game could even be considered quite similar to the Snes A link to the Past uhm, hell no

Windwaker =unique
Zelda II = unique
never played majoras mask, but it's apparently quite different to orcarina

And in comparison to the difference between call of duties, guitar heros and Maddens, then each zelda is incredibly different

Sorry, but 2D =/= 3D. ALttP is an amazing game, but the first time I played OoT I was completely baffled. If anything Twilight Princess is a mixture between OoT (Hyrule/Dungeon design, weapons etc) and ALttP (dark world/light world). The wolf features in TP were quite unique and fantastic. And I loved the more cinematic feel to it. I do miss the humor and lively NPCs. That was the best part of WindWaker. Everything was so vivid. That's my major dissapointment with TP.

I was talking about litterally the same game! Zelda TP is on both Gamecube and Wii.

I could understand buying a platform for a new game, but not precisely the same game you'd have played and finished at least once previous.

Yeah, well the GC version came out later and why play the lesser version of a game. The Wii version is widescreen and has Motion+Pointer controls, which DO improve the gameplay (even if it's minor).

Haha, the OT can go to hell, zelda's more interesting :D

I never said that ALTTP wasn't good, infact I've beaten so many times I've lost count, it is my favourite Snes game. Im just saying it is a bit similar to the first game, it's especially easy to group them together as they're the only home console top down 2d Zelda games