By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favourite game of 2008?

cabellas trophy bucks gets the goty award...............on a more realistic approach id say lbp or mgs4

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Favourite game of 08..

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
- Tales of Vesperia is a close second.

mgs4, anything else is just blasphemy

Metal Gear Solid 4:GOTP,followed by Resistance 2.

I have bought a single game this year (lost odyssey) so cant really tell :P By now I'm speding my money on PS2/GC titles to complete my collection.

Around the Network

A tie between:

Gears 2

Left 4 Dead

Dead Space

The World Ends With You

Lost Odyssey

WAYYY too many good games in '08.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Gears 2, anything else is just blasphemy...

HAHA! Anyway, I'd say for me, Gears 2 is 1a with Fallout 3 being 1b. Damn both those games are a lot of fun.

Fifa 09 was pretty great, especially after the patch that fixed some annoying issues (like players stopping their run and thus letting a ball go out that they should have been able to get to), but my favourite game of 2008 would have to be either Prince of Persia or Guitar Hero World Tour (I've never owned a guitar hero myself until now, so my reaction to the game is similar to how most would have felt when they opened Guitar Hero 1).

I haven't played FFIV DS, Chrono Trigger DS or Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, so my GOTY is definitely not solidified yet.

I like that you said favorite game, and not best game.

My favorite this year is No More Heroes. I've beaten five times already, and after reading some of the comments in the recent NMH thread, I might just make it six. Crazy over the top parody of "hardcore" gaming with some killer boss fights. Perfect for a nut like me.

After that I'd say Braid and World of Goo are tied for second. A pair of freaky creative 2D puzzle games with unique art styles, mesmerizing music, ominous and occasionally cryptic story elements, all enhancing an already great set of puzzles.

And bringing up the rear would be Endless Ocean. A serene and relaxing tour of exotic sea life set to lovely music. I put it about 20 hours in that game, and there was still tons of fish I hadn't seen and treasures I hadn't collected.

I'd like to say Wii Music as well, but I still haven't gotten much of a chance to play it. Seems like I keeping getting side tracked by other nonsense I stick on my GameFly queue. =P