By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Live in Indiana? Give the gift of Abortion!

akuma587 said:
Its so dumb how people shit bricks about abortion on a daily basis while they go out and do nothing to help the thousands and thousands who die every day from starvation and violent conflict. These are people who care about life in theory only, not when it actually comes to doing anything.

Nice bullshit generalization there.  While I would never presume to lecture others on the nature and quantity of their charity, I would point out that the statistics show the exact opposite of what you're claiming here.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network
elprincipe said:
akuma587 said:
Its so dumb how people shit bricks about abortion on a daily basis while they go out and do nothing to help the thousands and thousands who die every day from starvation and violent conflict. These are people who care about life in theory only, not when it actually comes to doing anything.

Nice bullshit generalization there.  While I would never presume to lecture others on the nature and quantity of their charity, I would point out that the statistics show the exact opposite of what you're claiming here.

I'm just saying there is a bigger issue out there that a lot of people leave unadressed.

Maybe we would be more justified in worrying about unborn children when the kids who are ALREADY here actually have a decent standard of living, or aren't dying on a day-to-day basis.  Lets solve one problem at a time.

And that is not even mentioning everyone else in poverty.

I am all for controlling population growth, as it is already ridiculously out of hand and will just lead to more people having to fight over fewer resources.  We may be alright for now, but we will eventually plateau in terms of how many people this planet can actually sustain.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
elprincipe said:
akuma587 said:

I'm just saying there is a bigger issue out there that a lot of people leave unadressed.

Maybe we would be more justified in worrying about unborn children when the kids who are ALREADY here actually have a decent standard of living, or aren't dying on a day-to-day basis.  Lets solve one problem at a time.

And that is not even mentioning everyone else in poverty.

I am all for controlling population growth, as it is already ridiculously out of hand and will just lead to more people having to fight over fewer resources.  We may be alright for now, but we will eventually plateau in terms of how many people this planet can actually sustain.

There are approximately 42 million abortions per year (at least, according to these)... The best I could find for starvation per year was around 10-16 million.

In any event, I would argue that resources spent  on banning abortion (some campaigning, debating, law passes) may be much less than combating world hunger problems.  Furthermore, for some anti-abortionists, the idea is much like mass genocide, something I think we could agree should at all costs be prevented.  As, for example, the holocaust had 6 million Jews murdered, and how worth it it would have been to prevent it, how much more for the anti-abortionist would it be to stop 42 million abortions per year?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Amongst those who aren't religious, the concept of abortion being murder is absurd to most. So to think those who are OK with it are insensitive is not correct, its just we have a different perspective. So before we have yet another pointless abortion debate, lets just realize theres no convincing the opposing side of your views.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

I dont think anyone has a right to comment on anyones right to abort not unless they have a uterus and a fetus popping out of it.

Pro choice I say.. its not a baby until it breathes on its own, so no-your not killing life.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
stof said:
Give the Gift of Health This Holiday Season

Looking for an unusual, yet practical gift this holiday season? Planned Parenthood of Indiana (PPIN) is now offering gift certificates for services or the recipient’s choice of birth control method. The gift certificates can be purchased online in increments of $25 or for any amount at some of PPIN’s 35 health centers. Contact your local health center to see if they offer the certificates.

The gift certificates can be given to women and men to cover essential services like screenings and birth control. Services such as annual exams for women, which include breast exams and Pap tests, typically cost $58.

“Nearly 800,000 Hoosiers don’t have health insurance and can’t afford basic health services. Why not buy a loved one a gift this holiday season that they really need and one that will contribute to their health throughout the year?" asked PPIN President and CEO Betty Cockrum. “The gift certificates are also a wonderful idea for that person in your life who puts everyone else first and has been putting off taking care of her or his own health. Now, there’s no excuse for those people in your life not to get the basic health care that they need."

This is the first holiday season that PPIN has offered gift certificates. They can be redeemed at any of the 35 PPIN health centers around the state, no matter where they were purchased.

These gift certificates are not just for the uninsured people in your life. PPIN does take some forms of insurance and the gift certificates could be used for co-pays or medication. Please join Planned Parenthood of Indiana and give the gift of health this holiday season.

So... It's Health services from a planned parenthood clinic. This thread is yellow journalism of the shoddiest kind. You should see if Fox News is hiring?

The Communist News Network does the same.  Campbell Brown anyone?

I think woman should be allowed to sell their unwanted babies.
Even the rich hollywood types have to go outside the country to buy (ooops, I mean adopt) babies, so you know the demand is there.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

How about responsibility and values for a change?

So if a married woman doesnt want to have a baby or if the baby tests postive for downs/ thalassemia or a bifid spine.. we should still give birth anyways..

yup thats the utopian society god intended for us!

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

YOu are saying that a baby with downs is worth less than a baby without it?

I know you probably didn´t mean it. But you appear to be saying that the mother wouldn´t have a problem if the baby didnt have downs. So, a child with a genetic disorder is a 2nd class citizen. THAT is a nice utopia you got there

www.jamesvandermemes.com