By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Live in Indiana? Give the gift of Abortion!

Snesboy said:
Moongoddess256 said:
how is a guy killing a girl survival of the fittest? I wasn't implying suicide, but once again wtf? Aren't you in the hey don't kill the babies camp? Isn't that killing the baby?

That's why that part wasn't bolded.

You should explain your reasonings a little better.

Yes I am.

Of course it is, but when the woman is dumb enough to abort (read: kill) her kid while taking her own life, that is taking out 2 birds with one stone. A) she won't be dumb enough to spread her immoral ideas anymore and B) she won't have a kid that will believe the same thing.

Here is why abortion is a good thing:

All these people who abort their unborn children obviously can't raise them on the fact that abortion is a viable option thus forth they are not multiplying. They are killing off their own ideal so in a few generations we won't have to worry about this kind of crap.

And since people who are pro-life typically have kids, they teach their kids that pro-life is the right way to go and the idea spreads. So in a few generations, Roe V. Wade will be overruled and the pro-life activists will have won.

/thread.

Wow lol

there's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot

Around the Network

Actually after rereading that I wonder if he was kidding.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Yes! Over 100 replies!
@ The government shouldn't force morals on me. OK, let's have no laws based on morals and see how that goes.

"Hi I would also like to mention that both the condom and the pill are not 100% effective. Unwanted pregnancies frequently happen because of failed birth control methods yeah?"
My friend was an "accident," and is one of the happiest people I know. So should a baby be killed because it was "accidently" brought to life?
Someone help me phrase this better....

RCTjunkie said:
Yes! Over 100 replies!
@ The government shouldn't force morals on me. OK, let's have no laws based on morals and see how that goes.

"Hi I would also like to mention that both the condom and the pill are not 100% effective. Unwanted pregnancies frequently happen because of failed birth control methods yeah?"
My friend was an "accident," and is one of the happiest people I know. So should a baby be killed because it was "accidently" brought to life?
Someone help me phrase this better....

Clearly the parents wanted it. Thats a terrible example. Its not like because abortion is legal everytime someone accidentally gets pregnant they zoom away to get an abortion.

Also, at 7 weeks it hardly qualifies as a "baby" as I've been saying all along.

And by hardly, I mean it doesn't.

Honestly do you guys picture a partial birth abortion occuring every time the word "abortion" pops up?

Moongoddess256 said:
It should make sense.

People do desperate things when they feel that their lives are about to be ruined.

right. or maybe people would be forced to be more repsonsible... Like maybe girls will think... maybe I should be more careful how and when I have sex. No, our society does not believe in personal responsibility anymore.

that said, there certain cases where I do think it is needed. Life of the mother etc.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Did you read the rest of the thread? Anything I could say in response I've already said.

Ancient Greeks used to allow abortion up to about age 30. Great way to get kids to behave I guess. The father had the right to put to death any of his children that dishonored him.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

"A range of 20 to 40 liters of freshwater per person per day is generally considered to be a necessary minimum to meet needs for drinking and sanitation alone, according to Peter Gleick, president of the Pacific Institute for Studies in Development, Environment and Security. If water for bathing and cooking is included as well, this figure varies between 27 and 200 liters per capita per day"

Full text here:

http://www.infoforhealth.org/pr/m14/m14chap2_2.shtml

There is a water shortage throughout the world. Israel does have a good irrigation system but it has also been accused of stealing water from Jordan and Palestine.

Pakistan and India have troops stationed at siachen glacier often at gun point to one another.. which is the primary source of water for the Indian Subcontinent.( around 2 billion people)

If water was so abundant, it wouldnt be an issue. IF overpopulation wasnt so abundant this wouldnt be an issue.

Coming into the doomsday prophecy about liberals complaining bout oil supplies exhausting. Remember when oil prices jumped to $147 for sweet crude brent, the US complained the high price was due to the increases in fuel usage by India and China.. here are some facts about oil consumption

per capita:
ranked:
(2004 figures)
US:17th
China: 128th(1/13 the consumption of the US)
India :149th( 1/30th the consumption of the US)

full text here :

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_oil_con_percap-energy-oil-consumption-per-capita

Clearly, there is a looming problem here. And it can only get worse. Oil consumption is rising. Indonesia is no longer a member of OPEC since it has become an oil importing nation. The brown haze seen over SE asia is affecting millions with bronchitis and asthma. We have been abusing our environment. U.A.E( some of you know it as dubai) which has a population of barely 6 million people has the second highest water consumption per capita per day and produces nearly a ton of garbage per person per year. It also consumes nearly 25% of the water available in the middle eastern waters.

This is just a pinhead of the problems of over consumption. Its no liberal conspiracy theory. Its very much a fact.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

I like the people that can just sit here and start blaming mothers and irresponsible girls and how they shouldn't go around having sex. I hate to break it to you, but this isn't a perfect world, very far from it. Adolescents will continue to have sex no matter what others say or do, and that will be that, condemning them for it will not help the situation in any way shape or form. I wish we lived in a perfect world where everything is in order and everyone follows our current set of morals and we can all hold hands and sing kumbayah, but it's not and we're the ones who have to adapt to it instead of trying to force the world to adapt to us.

Speaking of morals, they are extremely subjective. What your morals are may be completely different, and at odds, with someone else's. Are your morals better than theirs? Absolutely not. Are theirs better than yours? Absolutely not. Even the simple existence of the word immoral offends me. It's just a phrase of used to try to belittle other's opinions. If you want an example, by the Aztec's morals, sacrafice was perfectly acceptable, even honorable. In their religion you were guaranteed to go to hell unless you died in a few very special ways, sacrafice being one of them. By today's standards that's barbaric. Who's right? Neither one is, they are both right.

With today's morals, we have basically put a stop to natural selection, and as arsenicazure has pointed out we are facing a severe overcrowding problem on this planet. Even if I agree with murder being condemned and the other most basic of morals, I will also admit that they may ultimately lead humanity to huge problems down the road. In the grand scheme of things way may be condemning to humanity to near extinction, but who gives a damn as long as we have order right now?

All that said, I wish people would stop using their morals as an excuse to go and meddle with people's lives. It's just as bad as using god and religion. Moral is a sophisticated way of saying opinion, and nothing more, so please stop using that as a valid argument.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
I like the people that can just sit here and start blaming mothers and irresponsible girls and how they shouldn't go around having sex. I hate to break it to you, but this isn't a perfect world, very far from it. Adolescents will continue to have sex no matter what others say or do, and that will be that, condemning them for it will not help the situation in any way shape or form. I wish we lived in a perfect world where everything is in order and everyone follows our current set of morals and we can all hold hands and sing kumbayah, but it's not and we're the ones who have to adapt to it instead of trying to force the world to adapt to us.

Speaking of morals, they are extremely subjective. What your morals are may be completely different, and at odds, with someone else's. Are your morals better than theirs? Absolutely not. Are theirs better than yours? Absolutely not. Even the simple existence of the word immoral offends me. It's just a phrase of used to try to belittle other's opinions. If you want an example, by the Aztec's morals, sacrafice was perfectly acceptable, even honorable. In their religion you were guaranteed to go to hell unless you died in a few very special ways, sacrafice being one of them. By today's standards that's barbaric. Who's right? Neither one is, they are both right.

With today's morals, we have basically put a stop to natural selection, and as arsenicazure has pointed out we are facing a severe overcrowding problem on this planet. Even if I agree with murder being condemned and the other most basic of morals, I will also admit that they may ultimately lead humanity to huge problems down the road. In the grand scheme of things way may be condemning to humanity to near extinction, but who gives a damn as long as we have order right now?

All that said, I wish people would stop using their morals as an excuse to go and meddle with people's lives. It's just as bad as using god and religion. Moral is a sophisticated way of saying opinion, and nothing more, so please stop using that as a valid argument.

1) There are morals that are better than others. Not all, but some. If some tribe (like one in the Amazon Forest) believes that the parents have the right to starve to death their babies who were born with birth defects (I am talking about small things, like one more finger in their hand, for example), you don´t say: "oh, morals are subjective". You go save that kids life even if they object.

2) If the world is reaching overpopulation, why don't you kill yourself? I am not saying that you should do that, but it is easy for you to think that other people get to die or not be born so the world is fine, cause that doens't afect you directly.

PS - It is ironic, but telling other people that they shouldn't tell others how to do things, is telling others how to do (or not do) things.

So, even you believes some morality - subjective morality.  But it is still morality and you want everyone to think like you.

And there is nothing wrong with that (I disagree about subjective morality, but I have no problem with you trying to get me to see things your way).

www.jamesvandermemes.com