By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - So is VG Chartz going to be using the 100% method for rating games now?

I rate this thread 9.6/10

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I still think the letter system was fine but...whatever....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Hey, scoring out of 100% won the poll buy guess what............ Yes, a huge percentage....... emphasis on the word percentage there, i debated this for hours a couple of weeks back with TWRoO and many other non percentage likers and i still beleive that scoring out of 100% is simply the most accurate way to score a game and seperate the men games from the boy games.

Kantor said:
@Khuutra: It's not hard to be better than Mirror's Edge. It's not like "Party Babiez is as good as Mirror's Edge" is any better, is it?

I like the 100% method. It's best for comparing. What is easier to choose between, 94 and 89 or A- and A-?

Of course, you still read the review, but scores give an at-a-glance impression of the quality of a game. Also, with the letter scale, only the A and B scores are ever used. And most of us have no idea what they mean, other than Metacritic's awful A+ = 100, A = 100 chart.

Receiving the same score does not mean that two games are of the same quality. It has never meant this, it never should mean this, and that people interpret it this way is both wrong and disconcerting.

Ronster316 said:
Hey, scoring out of 100% won the poll buy guess what............ Yes, a huge percentage....... emphasis on the word percentage there, i debated this for hours a couple of weeks back with TWRoO and many other non percentage likers and i still beleive that scoring out of 100% is simply the most accurate way to score a game and seperate the men games from the boy games.

There is no such thing as accuracy when you are talking about subjective opinions.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
I rate this thread 9.6/10

Actually I would rate it 96% ;)

Ronster316 said:

Which is where you missed the point, the scores are not based on accuracy, and as such using percentage is no more accurate than the reviewer saying "buy this game" or "don't buy this"

Get rid of scores! Read the f***ing review instead (and this might improve the quality of the review instead of "scribble scribble, score for graphics, scribble, audio score, right, neck on the line, here's the final score - what, did no-one read my review??)

Well its been two weeks....lol

I've notice that there was a new review yesterday and it had the letter rating system, so I take it that you don't plan on changing it??

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:
@Khuutra: It's not hard to be better than Mirror's Edge. It's not like "Party Babiez is as good as Mirror's Edge" is any better, is it?

I like the 100% method. It's best for comparing. What is easier to choose between, 94 and 89 or A- and A-?

Of course, you still read the review, but scores give an at-a-glance impression of the quality of a game. Also, with the letter scale, only the A and B scores are ever used. And most of us have no idea what they mean, other than Metacritic's awful A+ = 100, A = 100 chart.

Receiving the same score does not mean that two games are of the same quality. It has never meant this, it never should mean this, and that people interpret it this way is both wrong and disconcerting.

I know this. A lot of VGChartz members don't. Just as a 94 is not necessarily better than a 92, a 4/5 is not necessarily as good as a 4/5. Reviews are meant for comparing games within a genre, or within your preferred genres.

Even a 9/10 scale is better than this awful letter sytem. Please, get rid of it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective