By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 49 (2008), Prince of Persia and Animal Crossing Wii debuts

LBP cheaper ?

Around the Network

@zeross

its cheaper ONLY on Amazon UK

I doubt that was enough to move it up 6 Places

the game has legs....if people want to believe now they can.....if not in the long run they will eat crow.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Oh dear Resistance 2....oh dear...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@ lazyrider

So you're going to use Amazon sales as a reason why it rose six places on the charts?

Okay. Sure. We all know that Amazon is a drop in the bucket of sales in any country. That's why we don't use the "best sellers" list on here, cause it's crap. We don't know the stock that Amazon has/had of LBP. Maybe in the week on sale it only sold 10 units, or it sold 10,000. We have no clue cause Amazon doesn't tell us the amount of stock on a unit.

Trust me, I'm not defending LBP to death, anyone in their right mind would not use Amazon for a rise in sales.

Also, I used U.S. Amazon to prove that a game could rise in sales from the previous week but not be on sale, as LBP did have sales rise in the Americas. I also used U.S. Amazon to prove a point that the game was on sale yesterday, and wasn't today. Which could easily happen to LBP.

And I don't give a flying fuck if people said sales were "disappointing" or not, cause they aren't. I'm not sure too many new IPs can sell 1 million in 6 weeks. I mean, look at Mirror's edge. Out on two platforms and couldn't manage even half of that. It's ugly out there for new IPs, and the fact that LBP managed what it did is a feat in itself. I'm not disappointed in all by sales, as it seems to be following the trend that I said it would. I guess if I was gauging success by outlandish predictions, I'd be disappointed, but only LBP haters are since they feel a need to marginalize the games success... I suppose that puts you into that group since you constantly feel the need to bring the game down...

Sigh.

This LBP hate is getting old and sad. Using Amazon to marginalize sales? Fail.

Well said DmeisteRJ

the same people who disregard amazon numbers use it to explain a 6 PLACE RISE in position on the charts.

Around the Network

I think LBP sells mostly because of the cheap bundle that is around.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

@Neos

I have never seen that bundle ever in any UK stores

+ I think chartrack doesn't count bundles like these as a game sold.

Also, that same LBP bundle goes for 350 euros at Dixons, a real sweet deal

http://dixons.nl/De_online_winkel/ProductDetail/xp/shop/gaming/playstation3/hardware/SONY+PlayStation+3+80+GB+spelcomputer+_en_+LittleBigPlanet.7110093/default.aspx

darthdevidem01 said:
@Neos

I have never seen that bundle ever in any UK stores

+ I think chartrack doesn't count bundles like these as a game sold.

they do, look at the likes of indiana jones for the x360 and such

@Neos

this is a thread about the UK chart n why LBP went up 6 places was the discussion.

I don't know why your bringing mainland EU into this.