By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 or Gears 2

Well my roommate has a 360 and already bought both of these games, so I was just wondering which oI should tart playing? Are both of them good enough to play through? I never played the first version of either game, and I don't know anything about either one of them except one's and RPG and one's a run n' gun. Neither of those genres are all that interesting to me, but I'm trying to broaden my horizons. So should I play Fable, Gears, or both? If both, which shoudl I play first?

As I'm sure you all can gather, I'm really new to the 360 in general, so I'm a little clueless.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

I'd play Gears 2. I think Fable is cool, but not half as cool as playing through Gears co-op with a friend. Then again, I have yet to do co-op in Fable 2.

If anything, just play Gears 2 first since it's a wayyyyy shorter game.

Gears 2 if you can play with your friend otherwise go Fable 2 its an awesome game, slower paced so you can get your bearings.

Tease.

@ squilliam, Gears is a slow paced game as well, you have to hide behind cover for a significant proportion of time and certainly not a run and gunner

Anyway, Gears 2 is a much better game, but they are both worth playing through

one thing about fable 2 I don't like is the co-op. it won't let you use your actual character as a guest (at least the look), and the camera can't be adjusted by either player. i'd almost prefer splitscreen.

Around the Network

Most of the time, I see these threads where a guy is asking wich game to buy. You're telling me you have both games in front of you and you need help deciding wich one to play!?

Flip a coin and have a blast. If one doesn't grab you, toss in the other one.

co op in gears 2 = FTW..

co op in fable = FTL.. camera is really really awful in co op..

Yeah, if you are looking to play co-op, then go with gears...

But I am also a huge Fable II fan, and recommend that one first if you are not looking to play co-op.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

i haven't played gears 2 but gears 1 was really good...

...fable 2 is a horrible horrible game. if you haven't opened it yet return it and get your money back. you will be completely dissapointed in fable2 and feel ripped off. I know i did.

I like Fable 2 a lot so far. I didn't play Fable 1, though, if that makes any difference. It's just not good for co-op.