By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 or Gears 2

kitler53 said:
TRios_Zen said:

i'm not sure how to answer the wrpg part but i loved fable 1 and the prospect of fable2 was my entire reason for purchasing a 360 (about 2 years ago).

i know a lot of people thought fable1 was disappointing but i loved it.  fable2 is just like fable1 except that it's worse is almost every respect.  fable2 was heavily gimped what spells you could learn creating a lack of depth in game play.  the controls were revamped making multiple spell selection extremely user unfriendly forcing me to oversimplify my combat strategy to fit the oversimplified controls.  combat was ridiculously easy and unsatisfying due to incredibly lame AI.  and worst of all - fable2 easily had the most horrible ending i have ever played.  i swear they must of been in a time crunch and just decided not to finish the game.

"...did not like it." doesn't even begin to explain how much i hated this game.  i bought a 360 specificly for fable2 and had i known how horrible this game was going to turn out...i never would have bought a 360.

Funny how we would have two such different experiences; I never finished Fable 1 as the narrative didn't really catch my attentnion and mostly bought Fable 2 as I was interested in the "promise" of the Fable series.  Fable 2 IMO was superior to the original in every aspect and I absolutley loved the combat as the simple controls allowed you to switch easily between spells, ranged attacks and melee with ease.

Outside of the ending which I in some ways thought was cheap (you could clearly pick an altruistic ending or completely evil one, regardless of how you actually played the game) I really enjoyed my time with it.  If Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead and Gears 2  hadn't hit, I would've spent a lot more time in Albion, chasing down the quests and properties i didn't finish before finishing the "main" quest.

Oh well, we are completely off-topic now I guess.  Peace.

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:
kitler53 said:
TRios_Zen said:

i'm not sure how to answer the wrpg part but i loved fable 1 and the prospect of fable2 was my entire reason for purchasing a 360 (about 2 years ago).

i know a lot of people thought fable1 was disappointing but i loved it.  fable2 is just like fable1 except that it's worse is almost every respect.  fable2 was heavily gimped what spells you could learn creating a lack of depth in game play.  the controls were revamped making multiple spell selection extremely user unfriendly forcing me to oversimplify my combat strategy to fit the oversimplified controls.  combat was ridiculously easy and unsatisfying due to incredibly lame AI.  and worst of all - fable2 easily had the most horrible ending i have ever played.  i swear they must of been in a time crunch and just decided not to finish the game.

"...did not like it." doesn't even begin to explain how much i hated this game.  i bought a 360 specificly for fable2 and had i known how horrible this game was going to turn out...i never would have bought a 360.

Funny how we would have two such different experiences; I never finished Fable 1 as the narrative didn't really catch my attentnion and mostly bought Fable 2 as I was interested in the "promise" of the Fable series.  Fable 2 IMO was superior to the original in every aspect and I absolutley loved the combat as the simple controls allowed you to switch easily between spells, ranged attacks and melee with ease.

Outside of the ending which I in some ways thought was cheap (you could clearly pick an altruistic ending or completely evil one, regardless of how you actually played the game) I really enjoyed my time with it.  If Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead and Gears 2  hadn't hit, I would've spent a lot more time in Albion, chasing down the quests and properties i didn't finish before finishing the "main" quest.

Oh well, we are completely off-topic now I guess.  Peace.

i agree, I thought Fable II was a much better game than the first one, though I do agree the ending was lousy... when it was over, I was like, THAT'S IT?!?!?!

But luckily you can keep playing infinitely should you choose to do so, and now that the expansion is coming out, that's even better.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Comrade Tovya said:

i agree, I thought Fable II was a much better game than the first one, though I do agree the ending was lousy... when it was over, I was like, THAT'S IT?!?!?!

But luckily you can keep playing infinitely should you choose to do so, and now that the expansion is coming out, that's even better.

Considering I was tearing through anything in the disc, I hope they can figure out how to bring challenge to the combat. Otherwise the DLC will be boring.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

TRios_Zen said:
kitler53 said:
TRios_Zen said:

i know a lot of people thought fable1 was disappointing but i loved it. fable2 is just like fable1 except that it's worse is almost every respect. fable2 was heavily gimped what spells you could learn creating a lack of depth in game play. the controls were revamped making multiple spell selection extremely user unfriendly forcing me to oversimplify my combat strategy to fit the oversimplified controls. combat was ridiculously easy and unsatisfying due to incredibly lame AI. and worst of all - fable2 easily had the most horrible ending i have ever played. i swear they must of been in a time crunch and just decided not to finish the game.

"...did not like it." doesn't even begin to explain how much i hated this game. i bought a 360 specificly for fable2 and had i known how horrible this game was going to turn out...i never would have bought a 360.

Funny how we would have two such different experiences; I never finished Fable 1 as the narrative didn't really catch my attentnion and mostly bought Fable 2 as I was interested in the "promise" of the Fable series. Fable 2 IMO was superior to the original in every aspect and I absolutley loved the combat as the simple controls allowed you to switch easily between spells, ranged attacks and melee with ease.

Outside of the ending which I in some ways thought was cheap (you could clearly pick an altruistic ending or completely evil one, regardless of how you actually played the game) I really enjoyed my time with it. If Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead and Gears 2 hadn't hit, I would've spent a lot more time in Albion, chasing down the quests and properties i didn't finish before finishing the "main" quest.

Oh well, we are completely off-topic now I guess. Peace.

Yeah, I like the combat system.  How would you compare the game to Fallout 3, though?