By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 or Gears 2

kitler53 said:
i haven't played gears 2 but gears 1 was really good...

...fable 2 is a horrible horrible game. if you haven't opened it yet return it and get your money back. you will be completely dissapointed in fable2 and feel ripped off. I know i did.

lol. That's the beauty of it though. I didn't pay for either one. My roommate just buys games sometimes, so I get to experience them without putting forth any actual effort. They just show up in front of me. Well I plan on playing by myself most of the time, so I guess I'll start with Fable. Then again, if Gears is shorter, I might start with that, and try to get it beat. I'm pretty sure that won't happen though. I suck at completing games. But yeah...I think I'll start with Gears 2. Thanks for the advice guys.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

Having played through both, I have to say Gears 2 was the most rewarding experience. Overall, Fable 2 really disappointed me. Gears 2 exceeded all of my expectations, and has a lot of replay value with horde mode, co-op, and multiplayer.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

TopCat8 said:
kitler53 said:
i haven't played gears 2 but gears 1 was really good...

...fable 2 is a horrible horrible game. if you haven't opened it yet return it and get your money back. you will be completely dissapointed in fable2 and feel ripped off. I know i did.

lol. That's the beauty of it though. I didn't pay for either one. My roommate just buys games sometimes, so I get to experience them without putting forth any actual effort. They just show up in front of me. Well I plan on playing by myself most of the time, so I guess I'll start with Fable. Then again, if Gears is shorter, I might start with that, and try to get it beat. I'm pretty sure that won't happen though. I suck at completing games. But yeah...I think I'll start with Gears 2. Thanks for the advice guys.

well than how about this.  just don't play fable2 because you'll want those 10-30 hours of your life back.  it really is that bad of a game.

Actually, I feel quite the opposite about Fable II. I think it was leaps and bounds better than the first, and worth every penny I payed for it. Tons of fun... and the new expansion comes out in a week or two, I'm looking forward to it.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Gears hands down.

Around the Network

I've not played Fable 2, but Gears 2 is amazing, and only comes close to Bond as the most fun I've ever had playing a shooter.

I've heard Fable 2 has more "charm" than any other game this year; and its general story is likely better than Gears as well. In terms of pure fun and gameplay though (not to mention whats arguably the best graphics of the year), you can't go wrong with gears.

IMO you absolutely can not go wrong with either of these games.

AT gunpoint if I was forced to choose one over the other, I'd pick Gears 2 only because the multi-player will last for a good time to come (for me).

@Kitler53, just wondering, are you a fan of WRPGs? I don't think Fable 2 is going to win someone over who isn't a fan of the genre, but hardly found anything to despise in it. Oh well, you are entitled to your opinion, I just wonder as you clearly did not like it.

TRios_Zen said:
IMO you absolutely can not go wrong with either of these games.

AT gunpoint if I was forced to choose one over the other, I'd pick Gears 2 only because the multi-player will last for a good time to come (for me).

@Kitler53, just wondering, are you a fan of WRPGs? I don't think Fable 2 is going to win someone over who isn't a fan of the genre, but hardly found anything to despise in it. Oh well, you are entitled to your opinion, I just wonder as you clearly did not like it.

i'm not sure how to answer the wrpg part but i loved fable 1 and the prospect of fable2 was my entire reason for purchasing a 360 (about 2 years ago).

i know a lot of people thought fable1 was disappointing but i loved it.  fable2 is just like fable1 except that it's worse is almost every respect.  fable2 was heavily gimped what spells you could learn creating a lack of depth in game play.  the controls were revamped making multiple spell selection extremely user unfriendly forcing me to oversimplify my combat strategy to fit the oversimplified controls.  combat was ridiculously easy and unsatisfying due to incredibly lame AI.  and worst of all - fable2 easily had the most horrible ending i have ever played.  i swear they must of been in a time crunch and just decided not to finish the game.

"...did not like it." doesn't even begin to explain how much i hated this game.  i bought a 360 specificly for fable2 and had i known how horrible this game was going to turn out...i never would have bought a 360.

Munkeh111 said:
@ squilliam, Gears is a slow paced game as well, you have to hide behind cover for a significant proportion of time and certainly not a run and gunner

Anyway, Gears 2 is a much better game, but they are both worth playing through

Even on the easiest difficulty settings? Man, I just finished Gears of War yesterday with my bro on Casual (for fun) and we "obliterated" the Locust horde! I also found Gears of War 2 to be A LOT easier than the first one, so I guess it might be even easier to just run and gun during the whole game! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ squilliam, Gears is a slow paced game as well, you have to hide behind cover for a significant proportion of time and certainly not a run and gunner

Anyway, Gears 2 is a much better game, but they are both worth playing through

Even on the easiest difficulty settings? Man, I just finished Gears of War yesterday with my bro on Casual (for fun) and we "obliterated" the Locust horde! I also found Gears of War 2 to be A LOT easier than the first one, so I guess it might be even easier to just run and gun during the whole game! =P

Casual does not count, the game is just so incredibly easy it is a joke