By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN AU's Top Ten Games of 2008

Also known as IGN AU's attempt to get traffic #958054758034759. Prepare to be amused.

10) Resistance 2 (good so far) 9.3
9) Metal Gear Solid 4 (what the hell? 9th?) 9.5
8) Braid (O RLY) Not rated
7) LBP (sure) 9.2
6) Fable II (fair enough) 9.2
5) Mirror's Edge (I'm not making this up, I swear. 5th. Above MGS4. Above R2. Above LBP. Above Fable II) 8.5
4) Dead Space (4th?) 8.8
3) Left 4 Dead (okay) 9.2
2) Fallout 3 (an opinion shared by many) 9.5

1) Take a wild guess. That's right, GTA4! 9.8

IGN AU are pathetic. Really, really, really pathetic.

They might as well travel to the top of a mountain and yell "WE HATE SONY AND NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!! HELL, WE HATE MICROSOFT TOO! PLEASE VISIT US!"

Pathetic.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Dead Space at 4th? Pretty good, it's probably the best survival horror game we'll have this generation anyways. I'm not saying Resident Evil 5 is going to suck, but we all know it's an action game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 at number 9 is really surprising though. It should never go below the top 3 if you want my humble opinion.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Its all good everyone knows MGS4 is the real GOTY

Why do they think, that gta4 is such a great game. I couldn't even finish it, because of being so boring, i can't understand it, multiplayer is ok, but it gets boring fast. No Valkyrie chronicles love, where's gears of war 2, this list is full is crap.

kutasek said:
Why do they think, that gta4 is such a great game. I couldn't even finish it, because of being so boring, i can't understand it, multiplayer is ok, but it gets boring fast. No Valkyrie chronicles love, where's gears of war 2, this list is full is crap.

It may be boring, but the technical aspects used and shown in the game are incredible! It's pratically a breathing world on a DVD, or Blu-ray if you prefer. Rockstar knows how to create good universes for their games, and this one is no exception. I think, for developers, they did a really good job and it just shows what people can do with video games.

If you look at it as a game, well, it's a Grand Theft Auto with multiplayer. What more can you ask for? o.O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Around the Network

No Wii love?

Where the heck is GeOW2?

Meh.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

My GOTY is Left 4 Dead, it's been awhile since I've been playing such an extremely exciting and atmospheric game.

MGS4 was okay for me, nothing amazing: bought it on release date, finished once and never touched it again. Fallout I am yet to play but PC community in my country says the game sucks and clearly aimed towards console crowd - so I will most likely not like it. GTA IV was good but it's not my GOTY.

Rei said:
My GOTY is Left 4 Dead, it's been awhile since I've been such an extremely exciting and atmospheric game.

MGS4 was okay for me, nothing amazing: bought it on release date, finished once and never touched it again. Fallout I am yet to play but PC community in my country says the game sucks and clearly aimed towards console crowd - so I will most likely not like it. GTA IV was good but it's not my GOTY.

Let me ask you this: did you ever play all the previous Metal Gear games (meaning starting from the MSX to this one)? I think you have to play the previous games to understand what Kojima really tried to accomplish with the game. You can also notice the gameplay tweaks better and all.

Random game thought :

pfft, Australians. the only good thing to come out of them is AC/DC