By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star OceanL TLH needs 3 DVDs

OK all I am getting is this as a traceback for all the articles: http://www.siliconera.com/2008/12/05/star-ocean-the-last-hope-spans-3-dvds/

Around the Network

LOL who wrote this.

Noone has ever had a problem changing discs. Unless your 40 stone and cant get up, then since the days of FF7 we have been spending 20 secs of our game time to change disc evry 13 hours.

I am glad I didnt have to pay £400 for my 360 to have it on 1 Blu Ray. I paid £200 instead and change disc every 13 hour on a JRPG with over 2 hours of jaw dropping FMV.

LAme article.

@Selnor I just figured I would let everyone know...

What's the deal about swaping discs? It doesn't bother me, at lest is better than watching a old man smoking.

What is the problem with changing discs exactly? It takes like 30seconds. In fact MGS4 where a huge deal was made of how it would need too many discs on the 360 I would argue would have benefitted from multiple discs rather than being on one disc and needed to install chapters. A process which takes much longer than changing a disc.

Would I have liked to have paid an extra $200odd so that LO came on one disc instead of 4? Not a chance in hell. When blu ray is cheap enough to be included reasonably then fine whatever but it definetly isn't something I would pay a premium for.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network

lol that guy really is a fanboy.

Zim said:
What is the problem with changing discs exactly? It takes like 30seconds. In fact MGS4 where a huge deal was made of how it would need too many discs on the 360 I would argue would have benefitted from multiple discs rather than being on one disc and needed to install chapters. A process which takes much longer than changing a disc.

Would I have liked to have paid an extra $200odd so that LO came on one disc instead of 4? Not a chance in hell. When blu ray is cheap enough to be included reasonably then fine whatever but it definetly isn't something I would pay a premium for.

Definitely agree.  Still they might feature an install process for all 3 and just use the first disc to check.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am infuriated. How dare they. I put my disks away after I am done playing, and I often play multiple games and change disks when I change games I am playing. So I'm getting up to change or put in a disk into my 360 all the time. HOW DARE they make me get off my butt to change disks TWICE more during the time it will take to beat Star Ocean TLH. HOW DARE THEY!!

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

@Hawk I know it's the end of the world, right ;)

Domo-Kun said:
So fucking what?

FF7 was on 3 discs, nobody talks smack about that.

Every Star Ocean so far, with the exception of the very first one on SFC has been multi-disc, but nodbody bitched about them.

yes but with more discs theres more chance that one of them can broke or scratch or something like that.