By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean The Last Hope

This game seems to be the game many RPG fans are waiting for. IT is absolutely beautiful. The FMV is even better than FF13's. Check out this new trailer that I dont think anyone has posted. It is amazing. Tri Ace look like trumping inhouse Square Enix here. Roll on March.

The next video is the opening cinematic to Star Ocean. This has no spoilers, and is a MUST SEE. This is by far and away the most impressive FMV in a game to date. Yes even the FF 13 games. MUST SEE NOW.

Around the Network

Looks very good, darn why isnt it on the ps3

mM

Looks very good, but I fear a late EU release

Looks brilliant.

FMV is nowhere near FF13 quality though.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Looks brilliant.

Well I disagree. That bit where the sub comes out of the water damn. And the ice particles in space around that planet. Also the shuttle taking off that is so close to real that bit. FMV is insane.

Around the Network

THATS IT!!!!

This is by far the most visually appealing game this gen , bar none. The J man never bought a jrpg ever and never finished one but this will be an exception.

SO4 is nothing less than...BEAUTIFUL!!!

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Looks good. FMV looks as good as any other FMV I've seen. Let's hope this game goes multiplat, and ends up good. Same for WKC.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Looks brilliant.

Well I disagree. That bit where the sub comes out of the water damn. And the ice particles in space around that planet. Also the shuttle taking off that is so close to real that bit. FMV is insane.

People are gonna have differing opinions. Just take solice in knowing yours is usually right. I certainly do.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Yep, my most anticipated JRPG besides FF13 since it was announced. It will have a great chance of knocking LO and ToV from the 360 JRPG throne.

But selnor, we can be bitter that UK buys the same software as the US but has to tag along with the EU release. I have a bad feeling the EU release of ToV and SOTLH will be around the same time - May/June 2009.

The game looks visually appealing especially if you are willing to live with some of the doll-like character models. Knocking ToV and LO from the 360 JRPG throne won't be very hard for SO4.