By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GAME OF THE YEAR!

Munkeh111 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@munkeh

no not GTA4!!

I expected better munkeh!

It was a fantastic game! Why does everyone hate it so much!

Every great achievement has it's share of blind hate.

My vote goes to MGS4.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Munkeh111 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@munkeh

no not GTA4!!

I expected better munkeh!

It was a fantastic game! Why does everyone hate it so much!

because it didn't make me come back to it

I played GTA SA a lot over the summer at my cousin's house & I didn't miss GTA 4 even once.

GTA 4 didn't last like previous GTA games (even its legs sales wise prove this) & it destroyed everything that made GTA SA great (planes!)

Yes, but its story mode was far superior, and the storytelling was simply sublime and the main game was just incredible even if it did not have the same lasting value of the other games. It still took about 30 hours to finish and it was one of the most memorable games

@munkeh111

I got MGS4 2 days after GTA 4.....that definetely hindered my enjoyment of its story.

in the end GTA 4 was overshadowed this year by LBP & MGS4....it should've been the other way round.

GTA's are not for story...but for replayability & "fun"...this GTA failed to do that....hence for me it is the biggest disappointment of 08 along with wii fit.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

my game of the year, is either SSBB, Animal Crossing Wii or Tales of Symphonia 2!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

darthdevidem01 said:
@munkeh111

I got MGS4 2 days after GTA 4.....that definetely hindered my enjoyment of its story.

in the end GTA 4 was overshadowed this year by LBP & MGS4....it should've been the other way round.

GTA's are not for story...but for replayability & "fun"...this GTA failed to do that....hence for me it is the biggest disappointment of 08 along with wii fit.

They changed the focus of the game, and while I think it did make it too gritty and realistic, it was still incredible. Chainging the focus does not make it bad, it just makes it different to the previous ones

Around the Network

@munkeh111

changing the focus is fine if the original focus wasn't successful/great.

what they did was change a perfect formula that made the game such a hit with casuals & hardcore gamers.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@munkeh111

changing the focus is fine if the original focus wasn't successful/great.

what they did was change a perfect formula that made the game such a hit with casuals & hardcore gamers.

They couldn't just make another SA, though I would prefer something slightly more wacky for their next game

I think part of the reason people dislike GTA4 so much is its critical acclaim. It was a very good game, but with no tanks, no planes, that strange police system and your friends calling you every 5 minutes to go on dates, it was NOT worth a 10.

No, MGS4 is a far superior game, and gets my vote.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Dinomax, I wouldn't want to bitch about you behind your back, so I'll tell you this

I reported your post to the mods for racism.

As for your gaming opinion - good for you

I did enjoy it so much but not really ala COD4 though(nothing about TPS/FPS but as a game)... So, I big to differ.

Although good for you if you decided your GotY. I still got no decision what my GotY is since there are too many spectacular games I'm playing now.