By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - While You Were Gone (VG Upgrade)

I love boobies

Around the Network
jlauro said:
The new server is nice new box, with 12GB of ram and over 4 times the cpu power as before. Now we just need 10,000 or 20,000 people to all log in at the same time to make sure everything is working correctly under a heavy load.

Damn, that must of cost a pretty penny

VGC was down?

OK, now let's see this new VGChartz update? =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Some times I can't access the site for a certain number of minutes....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I was playing God Of War so I didn't notice. But had Kratos been here, he probably would've been all like "VGCHARTZ WHY HAVE YOU BETRAYED ME?!?!" and then he'd do the unthinkable, he'd threaten to kill ioi, the god of VGchartz. And I'd be damn scared.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Dgc1808 said:
Some times I can't access the site for a certain number of minutes....

That usually happens when the number are up and lots of people check the page but (hopefully) with this update it won't happen anymore (like The boss said)

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

DMeisterJ said:
VGC was down?

Yup, for about a half hour or so...  Still was under 1000 people on line, but wasn't peek time...  and it's been a long time when there was below 700 people online (not counting restarts), and it only goes that low on the weekends. 

@Falcon095:  I'm not sure, but I think that is so people don't try to post anything about the numbers while the are in the middle of being updated.  Even if they are in flux for only a minute, someone will post sometime like such-n-such had no sales...

@SHMUPGurus: It was an upgrade, not an update.  Just bigger, faster hardware.  So the site will not die if everyone uses the nifty new signatures and other stuff talonman is adding, and so several thousand extra people from digg can come online without the server having as much slow down or worse issues.

Now that it's been a couple of days... Anyone notice any difference?

Has the site been better, faster, worse, no noticeable difference, too soon to say, still access problems, or not, etc...?

That said, the real test will be when we get an extra 5,000 users online from a front page digg...

So what kind of server is the site hosted on?