By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii/360/PS3 million sellers stackup!

Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
JaggedSac said:
Where is Hexic HD?

Hexic HD is predownloaded on the harddrive to my knowledge.  Making it a download game only.

It comes on a disk, you don't have to download it. So it should count! :)

Really?  Cause from what i've read it's pre downloaded on your system and if you delete it you have to call microsoft to get a new code to download it since they have no record of your purchase.

Also Wikipedia states it's predownloaded on your HD.

Uh, isn't hd a disk too? I don't get your point, is there something wrong if ms offers you free replacement if you happen to lose your game? Do you get a another free copy from nintendo if you lose your wii sports?

No.... a hard drive isn't a disk.

So your argument is that it should not be counted because it comes on a different kind of medium? I see.

No doubt.  We don't count downloaded games.

This is a downloaded game.  It's just downloaded before you get the system.

Hence it's still a downloadble game.  Hence why you can redownload it if you delete it.

If I bought a used system... all the downloadble games on that system wouldn't suddenly count.

Does other used game sales count? As far as I know they don't. It most certainly is not downloaded on the hdd, it is installed there. :) But I guess you agree that 360 arcade's bundle should count. It comes on a disk.

No, your just being ridiculious.  It's a downloaded game that's on your system to start with.  It'd be like if a PS3 came with free money on the HD to buy a downloadable game.

It's a downloaded game on the standard harddrive of the system.   You're just being intentionally obtuse.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Does other used game sales count? As far as I know they don't. It most certainly is not downloaded on the hdd, it is installed there. :) But I guess you agree that 360 arcade's bundle should count. It comes on a disk.

No, your just being ridiculious.  It's a downloaded game that's on your system to start with.  It'd be like if a PS3 came with free money on the HD to buy a downloadable game.

It's a downloaded game on the standard harddrive of the system.   You're just being intentionally obtuse.

Actually that is not the same, 360 comes with a game and if ps3 would come with "money" you could use it to buy any game or content. A game being also available on download is not a reason not to count it.

If nintendo would make wii sports downloadable to let's say replace broken disks, should it still be counted?

Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Actually that is not the same, 360 comes with a game and if ps3 would come with "money" you could use it to buy any game or content. A game being also available on download is not a reason not to count it.

It is only available for download, and when you buy the system it is predownloaded on your system.

That is.

How do you think it's installed on the console?

BengaBenga said:

Nice, but if you remove Wii sports as bundled software (which is fair) you must also substract quite some sales from Lego Indy, Kung Fu Panda, GT5P, MGS4, Uncharted, Forza 2, Marvel and whatever other games were bundled with the HD consoles.

to be fair temporary bundles don't compair to Wii Sports... them being bundled help them push pass that million mark, but Wii Sports is massive because of it's bundling... we could compromise and say... cut the Wii Sports number by 1/3 or 1/4... all those games together probably have a hard time reaching Wii Sports numbers.

@Kasz216

It comes on a medium, it should be counted. Or maybe we should not count other force bundled games. Like wii sports for example. ;)

How is it installed? It is copied to HD, just like wii sports is copied to disk. It is not downloaded (from internet), that is for sure.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
@Kasz216

It comes on a medium, it should be counted. Or maybe we should not count other force bundled games. Like wii sports for example. ;)

It comes predownloaded.  It's that simple.  Predownloaded on to your hard drive... the main storage device for your system.

Your just being purposely obtuse to troll.

Funny thread... not

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
@Kasz216

It comes predownloaded.  It's that simple.  Predownloaded on to your hard drive... the main storage device for your system.

No, it comes installed. It is very simple, you are just trolling because for some odd reason you don't want to count top selling 360-title.

Can I request this topic be closed? I see now that in my eagerness to get this out quickly, it has lead to quite a stir from my errors.

In all honesty, I am a hardcore gamer and was rightfully scorned by the Wii. I bought it and had both Wii Sports and Wii Play (bought for the controller and games for $10 more). Wii Sports was the most played game, but that is because if was the only game. I had Zelda for a while until I beat that, but afterwards, I just didn't find any games really worth buying because all Nintendo's games are more for parties and not just while you are sitting around.

I just really don't think Wii Sports and Wii Play's sales should count because I still just don't see them as a full retail game. From playing it, it is less detailed and has less to do than many XBLA games. Obviously I let my scorn cloud through to my thread which as I wrote, I continually felt like it didn't really amount to anything :p

I wanted to emphasize what they needed to improve on, but I guess as a hardcore gamer, they only need to improve on that to attract the audience like me. For regular casuals like the ones that are buying Wii and software like crazy, I guess my suggestions don't really apply. I still can't believe Japanese will buy the game for $40... just seems like a ripoff to me, but I guess it only does because I'm more of a hardcore, just like some of the others that kind of shared my view. My Wii has hence been sold, btw. If Nintendo brings their next console into the HD realm, I'll look into it, but for now I guess the games and the graphics just aren't for me.

Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
@Kasz216

No, it comes installed. It is very simple, you are just trolling because for some odd reason you don't want to count top selling 360-title.

Do you know how it's installed?  They download it from a central storage bank.

What do you think they have one guy with an install disc installing them all one by one?