By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii/360/PS3 million sellers stackup!

Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
JaggedSac said:
Where is Hexic HD?

Hexic HD is predownloaded on the harddrive to my knowledge.  Making it a download game only.

It comes on a disk, you don't have to download it. So it should count! :)

Really?  Cause from what i've read it's pre downloaded on your system and if you delete it you have to call microsoft to get a new code to download it since they have no record of your purchase.

Also Wikipedia states it's predownloaded on your HD.

Uh, isn't hd a disk too? I don't get your point, is there something wrong if ms offers you free replacement if you happen to lose your game? Do you get a another free copy from nintendo if you lose your wii sports?

No.... a hard drive isn't disc.

Disks are different from Discs.

Around the Network

Do Arcade purchasers get it? Maybe it influences their decision to upgrade if it doesnt?

Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
JaggedSac said:
Where is Hexic HD?

Hexic HD is predownloaded on the harddrive to my knowledge.  Making it a download game only.

Really?  Cause from what i've read it's pre downloaded on your system and if you delete it you have to call microsoft to get a new code to download it since they have no record of your purchase.

Uh, isn't hd a disk too? I don't get your point, is there something wrong if ms offers you free replacement if you happen to lose your game? Do you get a another free copy from nintendo if you lose your wii sports?

No.... a hard drive isn't a disk.

So your argument is that it should not be counted because it comes on a different kind of medium? I see. Why don't we just count the games that come on Bluray. :O

JaggedSac said:
Do Arcade purchasers get it? Maybe it influences their decision to upgrade if it doesnt?

Nope, arcade users don't get it.

Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
JaggedSac said:
Where is Hexic HD?

So your argument is that it should not be counted because it comes on a different kind of medium? I see.

No doubt.  We don't count downloaded games.

This is a downloaded game.  It's just downloaded before you get the system.

Hence it's still a downloadble game.  Hence why you can redownload it if you delete it.

If i bought a used system with a bunch of downloaded games on it, it wouldn't suddenly count.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
JaggedSac said:
Where is Hexic HD?

So your argument is that it should not be counted because it comes on a different kind of medium? I see.

Hence it's still a downloadble game.  Hence why you can redownload it if you delete it.

If I bought a used system... all the downloadble games on that system wouldn't suddenly count.

Actually his statement of a hard drive being a disk is correct. Just one that is read magnetically instead of optically. There is no real difference between disk and disc.

nightsurge said:

Ok, how many times do I have to say this?  I think sega4life is the only one that caught on.  I don't count Wii Sports and Wii Play because they are not full games.  They are the equivalent of bundling an arcade game package with the system, or a demo disc like sega said.  I don't count these games because if they sold by themselves, they would sell for $10 or less.

The games Wii Sports and Wii Play are short, minigame, arcade style games.  They would sell for $10 or less as an arcade game, which is mostly why I do not include them.  All other bundles were of full retail games, so I did not touch those.  Since arcade sales are not included, I felt that Wii Sports and Wii Play should not be included, no matter how much they would have sold without the bundling, they would have sold for the equivalent of an arcade game.

You obviously don't like this type of game and therefore you dismiss them. Frankly I don't give a rat's ass whether or not you include them for your survey, provided you subtract the last year of sales for the Xbox

BUT I do get really tired of people attaching importance only to things they like. I very much suspect that Wii Pay and Wii Sport have gotten more use at my house than any other single game because they get used at every party, whenever people visit, and a lot of times just because I feel like bowling. Are they arcade style - Yes.  Are they full games? They are actually several FULL games because there aren't levels or some end point in bowling and tennis. You can play them as often and as long as you want. Their replay value is HUGE. They were brilliantly executed.

I don't really care for most mini games and I don't purchase them that much but would I have payed full price for Wii Sport and Wii Play - YES, in a heartbeat and with the many hours of fun they have provided, I was consider them a bargain.

Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Kasz216 said:
JaggedSac said:
Where is Hexic HD?

If I bought a used system... all the downloadble games on that system wouldn't suddenly count.

Does other used game sales count? As far as I know they don't. It most certainly is not downloaded on the hdd, it is installed there. :) But I guess you agree that 360 arcade's bundle should count. It comes on a disk.

Sigh, given enough time, all VGChartz threads will feature an argument to exclude WiiSports and WiiPlay.

Is FishyJoe about? I'm waiting for the classic "Read my sig..."