By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - killzone 2 uses only 60% of ps3 SPUs

@gebx,oh poor hater,why you're so interested on a Sony game?
Don't you have to be playing your Gears of War 2 that have issues too and Epic have to release a patch?
Your complaining and the ones from 360's owners just shows envy and rash,a hard one.

Around the Network
gebx said:
Staude said:
gebx said:
nightsurge said:
Staude said:
gebx said:
luisgvm said:

So it started slowing down if they pushed it past the 60% threshhold then?....isn't that what he said?

hehe, I guess should of wrote "past 60%" except of "at 60%"...

"They weren't coming close to maxing out. .They had about 40% of space before they started tripping or saw slow down on some of the processes." This means that when they were pushing those 60 percent, they had another 40 percent available before the spus started stuttering. That equals up to about 100 percent, which makes sence since 60 + 40 equals 100. Yes, it really does.

Oh we working with the metric system here... <-- sarcasm

So.. they have a truck with a 100 gallon gas tank,  but the truck starts to stutter and lose control when you fill it up past 60 gallons. So therefore the other 40 gallons of "air" are basically useless and the people who created the gas tank made it too complicated for car designers to figure out how to use all 100 gallons.

I must be missing something here, I know someone is going to point it out and I'm just going to go "hhaaaaa..."

He said they had another 40% of CPU space to go BEFORE things started to stutter.  "Before" being the key word.

Is that even true.

Y'all should watch this video:

Near the very end (starting around 5:10 or so) they talk about how they're continually optimizing their engine and stuff, and that they keep gaining more and more headroom on the system. They claim that normally you have to cut features closer to release, but they keep adding more in!

And on the latest IGN "PlayStation Beyond" podcast, they claim that the latest code they saw yesterday looks MUCH better than the preview code we've been seeing over the past week. They claim the difference is "night and day." Killzone 2 talk starts around the 12:00 minute mark.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/935/935659p1.html

OT7 said:
@gebx,oh poor hater,why you're so interested on a Sony game?
Don't you have to be playing your Gears of War 2 that have issues too and Epic have to release a patch?
Your complaining and the ones from 360's owners just shows envy and rash,a hard one.

He may have been genuinely confused.  No need to attack him.

Around the Network

Well what I saw on the gametrailers interview, was that guerilla were finishing up the game, and realized the SPU's had alot more to offer, so that improvement your seeing from 07-08 is a sginificant improvement, and there are even more things on screen than before, they then stated that it barely touched 60% of the max the SPU's can emit on screen, so basically they said if they finish the game early, and have enhanced the gameplay enough, they will work on adding even more things to the visuals, and polishing them up even more, honestly if killzone 2 had another year until holidays 09, it would look even better than it does now.

They also said as they continue to optimize there engine for the ps3's architecture, they continue to see an improvement in visuals, performence, etc.. on screen as they get the general aspect of the CPU.

mM

maybe they can actually make the game better than just 720p and 30fps if they're boasting that they have all this extra space then?

ouch. with all that money they used. loks like killzone 2 will flop

darconi said:
maybe they can actually make the game better than just 720p and 30fps if they're boasting that they have all this extra space then?

How about true 1080p and 60 fps? thats teh real power of duh cell!!1

perpride said:
luisgvm said:
headhunterz67 said:
Damn PS3 games are going to be huge in 2 or 3 years...

imagine how GOW 3 will look

Imagine a 500 Gig PS3 game lol.

can i ask you something?. what does lol means? i know what OMG,OMFG and STFU means, but not that one

sorry i am not from the US.