By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS3 is the new DS

DS is the BEST gameing console ever created.
what a joke to compare the ps3 too it.
the two should never even be mentioned in the same sentence much less compare them.
wow

hello how are you.

Around the Network
Paperdiego said:
DS is the BEST gameing console ever created.
what a joke to compare the ps3 too it.
the two should never even be mentioned in the same sentence much less compare them.
wow

This is a violation of code 12345335433.

"The PS2 is and will forever remain the best console!"

To spice it up.

Yes. I do.

Maybe with the 12 year plan. But otherwise not a chance.

I'd say no... seeing as PS3 has more in common with the PSP* than the DS.

But hey, what do I know?

*And seeing as PSP has sold 40 million units thus far, being compared to it is never a bad thing.

Around the Network
McDonald said:
1. Why are people mentioning the wii about a DS vs PS3 thread?

2. Bad comparison anyways. You can't compare a $130 handheld's sales to a $400 home console sales

1. Because the Wii is more similar to the DS than the PS3, in regards to unique control scheme, product design, marketing, and similar gaming library at launch and similar increase in 3rd party support later on as companies got the right idea.  The PS3 is not similar to the DS at all, and this is so obvious to everybody that they find it amusing.  The DS had a "rough start" in that it was going head-to-head in a tight race with the PSP at first.  That was the DS's "rough start" at only 50%.  The PS3's rough start was it immediately plummeting to last place when people expected it to be 1st place.  The PS3 is at 21.7% marketshare 2 years down the road.  I don't see how those are similar at all.  Here are the first 2 years of the Wii, PS3, and DS, with launches aligned: (http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=DS&reg3=All&weeks=110).  The PS3 was 12 million away from where the DS was at that time, and the Wii was only 8 million away from where the DS was at that time.  The Wii's sales history is closer to the DS's sales history than the PS3's is.

2. You certainly can compare them, especially when you're on a web site named vgchartz, the sole purpose of which is to accumulate sales data of "video games" and "video game systems" (the vg in the title) and compare them (with chartz).  In fact, companies can learn a lot from doing this type of analysis.  Maybe Sony will learn that people like to buy $130 handhelds and not $400 home consoles.

once the PS3 gets a touch screen and opens like a clamshell there will be no stopping it.
Mark my words!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Oh my.... no you didnt :| did you.... just compare DS with ps3??? O.o oh my oh my....

omg all he is asking is will the ps3 see a surge in sales!! dammit people get past the ds/ps3 thing and answer his question

Lots of PS3 hate, cant you guys just say "no" like Derixs without bashing?

Anyways in my personal opinion...No...sorry man...