By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS3 is the new DS

I say yes.

Because I'm a rebel.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
markers said:
he used the ds because when the ds first was released it struggled. but after the dslite hit it soared like a mofo.

basically its a sound comparison, the ps3 is struggling, some say, in its first 2 years. and devs are just now getting the hang of it and a price cut is just around the corner (and heck maybe slim model around the corner after you round the first corner to the price cut)

those who say insert wii in said place doesnt make since. the wii hasnt struggled one bit. he wants to know if the ps3 can make a turn around like the ds did

The DS struggled because it just got casual/shovelware games. These games are also on the Wii, but the Wii has a better time due to having a lot more than one game to hype (only hyped game in the DS's early days was Castlevania). The DS then grew to be the best viable handheld due to low costs + big sales which resulted in quality games. The Wii has low costs + big sales. On the other hand, the PS3 has high cost + low sales but got a lot of quality, main games. Not a good comparison with the DS.

yeah but how did the ds sell in its beginning stages?

Lets see here: no

No not even the Wii.

Right, I can see the future of the PS3 in casual games that sell forever. In other news, hell freezes over.

1. Why are people mentioning the wii about a DS vs PS3 thread?

2. Bad comparison anyways. You can't compare a $130 handheld's sales to a $400 home console sales

Playstation 3 owner since December 25th, 2006

Around the Network

@McDonald: It's not a DS vs PS3 thread.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

You people hate sony leave the ps3 alone or I'll tell my mommy that you people are bullying the ps3!

THE PLASTATION BRAND IS THE BEST THE good times were when the ps1 and ps2 were winning their respective gens.

ctk495 said:
You people hate sony leave the ps3 alone or I'll tell my mommy that you people are bullying the ps3!

THE PLASTATION BRAND IS WAS THE BEST THE good times were when the ps1 and ps2 were winning their respective gens.

May I do some corrections?

it could possibly happen. i believe this is the peak year of the 360 and maybe the Wii. but the playstation company has that 10 cycle so who knows. i believe 2009 or 2010 is the peak year the PS3.

saxophonehero said:
it could possibly happen. i believe this is the peak year of the 360 and maybe the Wii. but the playstation company has that 10 cycle so who knows. i believe 2009 or 2010 is the peak year the PS3.

Were you one who believed that 2008 was the year?