By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OMG !!!! Boogie is going to "bomb" !!

A game like this will not have much in the way of front loaded sales because it can hardly be considered a highly anticipated title. This (of course) doesn't mean the game couldn't see strong sales over time but it would probably require both a very strong word of mouth and conventional advertizement campaign. Hypothetically speaking Boogie could hover at 10,000 to 20,000 sales and (over a long enough time frame) this could add up to it being a million seller.

The question in my mind isn't so much whether it is possible as much as whether EA (who generally gets instant success) is willing to take this approach and whether the quality of the game is high enough to justify the expense.

Around the Network

I'd say first week of 15-20k ala many other low-key GC games (PoP, Godfather, Scarface, ect) for launch week. It'll float to 100k or so lifetime, give or take. With such a huge Wii ownership base, I'd assume somewhere, people would start picking it up.

So 17.5k, 10k, 7.5k, 5k, 5k, 4k, ect.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

i gotta agree with happysquirrel here, this is not gonna be frontloaded at all and most of the sales are probably going to be in november/december. Just based on the fact that it is a semi-high budget wii exclusive with TV advertising released close to the holiday season I think it is a lock for 200k. Whether it is going to be a big hit depends on how good the game is and word of mouth. If it can be the addicting multi-player family friendly game it is advertising itself to be it could be big.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

TalonMan said:
roadkillers said:
Whats Boogie?

This, right here, sums up why Boogie isn't making waves at the moment. You have real gamers in this forum who haven't even heard of the game - how the hell are casuals going to know about it?!?!?!?

Personally, I remember reading one article about this game about 4 months ago and I haven't heard a peep about it since. Either it's not coming out when EA claims it is, or there is going to be some massive marketing hitting the airwaves soon because a new franchise like this, cannot sell on it's own... ...and EA has been in the game LONG enough to know this.

I think he was just trying to be teh funnie

I saw an ad for it, but it doesn't really show WTH the game is about. In the end, it says, Sing, Dance, Create. The commercial was... bland. It does not seem like something to get excited about.

Around the Network

bleep

I think Boogie will do better than you guys are predicting. The game will still be on store shelves at Christmas time and people will be familiar with the name. Don't forget that people love free stuff even when they are not really free like a mic. We are still living in the American Idol generation and all those dancing reality shows. My prediction, Boogie will be 250,000 in NA by the middle of 2008. Bold I know.

I think the game will have 'fine' sales(~250K), but many Wii owners may be put off by the $59.99 price even though it comes with a microphone.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

roadkillers said:
Whats Boogie?

www.boogie.ea.com

I think it wil have a slow start, but go over 300K by the end of the year.  However, given what EA probably put into it and will put into advertising, that might still be a BOMB.  (Some games are good with 100k, some need 1M to do good...)

That's really more than I want to predict until there are some reveiws out...  if it has some unexpected features, such as abuility to download additional songs (even at a cost) it might have very long legs.

No big promotional effect showing up at Amazon as of Sunday evening -- #78 for sales overall, #20 for the Wii.

I think I'm picking it up, though. I'm not sure about the dance game part, I'm afraid the mechanics will be a little TOO accessible and not really reward a proper sense of rhythm. But of the 38 music tracks, I see a sufficient number I'm willing to make a singing fool of myself with among my crazy actor/musician/humorist friends.