By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OMG !!!! Boogie is going to "bomb" !!

Well I think if the game ends up doing well it is not going to be due in any major part to the existing gamer population. Most people I know don't seem interested in shaking the wiimote to music and think Boogie is pretty copycat on Rockband and Guiter Hero etc...

But I can see how girls would get into this game and I can see how it would be fun to have people over and make an ass of themselves on your Wii in new ways =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWRw0tGaU_Q

lmao, nice video RAcCoOnErOuS....

PS - less "Camel-Casing" please

BenKenobi88 said:
Eh...it'll probably bomb. I haven't seen any ads or anything...how's the mainstream supposed to find this game if nobody knows about it...

Perhaps it'll have long legs, who knows.

I have seen advertisments for it. Saw one last night.

I think the game will do alright.

I can see it going 500k+ over it's life time. It's only a matter of time until Nintendo release a pink Wii, and whats the odds they bundle this in with that?

Initial sales will be slow, but as Nintendo start expanding the Wii audience like they did with the DS then sales will pick up.

It does seem odd that it's coming out so soon though, but when RRR can sell 1 million + theres got to be a market for this sort of thing on the Wii.

Around the Network

I feel sorry for the 12 year old boy who gets this from their grandmother this X-mas and only owns a gamecube.

Grandma: "But I thought you had a Nintendo billy?"

Then he has to leave it lying around his room because his mom won't let him throw it away because "It's the thought that counts" and his friends make fun of him because of it =P

As I read all these posts of people expecting the game to bomb, and read posts in the news section of people really wanting it to bomb... I'm left with a question. What do we actually know about Boogie!? Do we have a song list? Do we know what you can do with the video editing software? Do we know how the singing and dancing interact? Is there a story mode? What's the extent of your dance moves?

I've heard from hands on time that the dancing seems somewhat simplistic, but that doesn't come close to warranting the negative attention people on here are giving this game.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
As I read all these posts of people expecting the game to bomb, and read posts in the news section of people really wanting it to bomb... I'm left with a question. What do we actually know about Boogie!? Do we have a song list? Do we know what you can do with the video editing software? Do we know how the singing and dancing interact? Is there a story mode? What's the extent of your dance moves?

I've heard from hands on time that the dancing seems somewhat simplistic, but that doesn't come close to warranting the negative attention people on here are giving this game.

Valid point, but the fact that we don't know anything and we are looking for it is almost enough to say it will bomb in the first place.  I don't think its a horrible idea or that they did it wrong, I just think its not for me.

stof said:

The song list scares me, that's my problem lol.

This is an indicator with hardcore gamers and people up on gaming and what is coming out later, but Boogie isn't made for the hardcore. I think it will do average on the charts.