By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the worst that could happen?

Wii - Factories producing it catch on fire causing further shortages.  People who bought the system for Wii Sports get bored with it and flood the market with used machines in short order.  MP3/SMG/SSBB have major bugs which demand a recall or are delayed indefinitely due to development problems.  Wii remote technology found to cause cancer.

360 - RRoD is found to affect 90% of machines by year two.  Halo 3 has a game-stopping bug and forces a recall after millions are sold, plus it sucks and word of mouth leads to dumping defective 360s in favor of a cheaper PS3.  Blu-Ray kills off HD-DVD and, with a new $349 PS3, 360 sales die off in Europe and plummet further in N. America.  Microsoft's shareholders finally have had enough of the billions in losses with no end in sight and pull the plug.

PS3 - No good games this fall, stuff like Lair and Heavenly Sword totally bomb.   Third party games like Madden and FIFA sell by far worst on PS3, causing EA and other developers to curtail development for the system into the future.  Sony decides that $599 is the standard price from here on out while eliminating backwards compatibility completely.  A new PS3 firmware update bricks millions of systems and Sony won't pay for repairs.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network
elprincipe said:

Wii - Factories producing it catch on fire causing further shortages.  People who bought the system for Wii Sports get bored with it and flood the market with used machines in short order.  MP3/SMG/SSBB have major bugs which demand a recall or are delayed indefinitely due to development problems.  Wii remote technology found to cause cancer.

360 - RRoD is found to affect 90% of machines by year two.  Halo 3 has a game-stopping bug and forces a recall after millions are sold, plus it sucks and word of mouth leads to dumping defective 360s in favor of a cheaper PS3.  Blu-Ray kills off HD-DVD and, with a new $349 PS3, 360 sales die off in Europe and plummet further in N. America.  Microsoft's shareholders finally have had enough of the billions in losses with no end in sight and pull the plug.

PS3 - No good games this fall, stuff like Lair and Heavenly Sword totally bomb.   Third party games like Madden and FIFA sell by far worst on PS3, causing EA and other developers to curtail development for the system into the future.  Sony decides that $599 is the standard price from here on out while eliminating backwards compatibility completely.  A new PS3 firmware update bricks millions of systems and Sony won't pay for repairs.

This guy has the best one so far.

mM

leo are you serious.... you mean the best in what way ??? because there is no way that WII factories catching on fire is the most probable... without saying a 90% failure would probably be the all time record and sunk MSGS....
for me it's shams who came out with the best probable scenario....

we should do a post with the funniest worst case scenario

Okay I'll take a stab at this. We are talking for the holidays right?

Wii: There was no magical stockpile. Nintendo did not increase production like they wanted and people flock to buy 360's and PS3's.

360: The obvious is that Halo fails to move as many systems as predicted and the media starts running with broken 360 stories during the holidays.

PS3: Lair and Heavenly Sword sell poorly. PS3 loses MGS4 as an exclusive.

Final-Fan said:
tabsina said:

Final Fan, are you saying that 360 owners are stupid?

All I'm trying to say is that a game with millions upon millions of PREORDERS cannot sell poorly. I also tried to say it in a comedic fashion.

I hope you do know that 4 million preorders story from a couple of months ago was bogus?

Around the Network

hum I'm pretty sure the pre order number is over 4 million already WW

Considering 7Eleven is taking pre-orders for Halo 3, I wouldn't be surprised if the number was 4M by now.

lol 7eleven at that pace soon we'll see gaz station selling it lol