By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Madden ...Sack the Wii? or Light up the Scoreboard?

Ok we know for the most part casual gamers are the main source of consumers for the Wii and Madden. The Question I have is the Casual gamer but fanatic Football fan going to see the 360and Ps3 versions of Madden next to the Wii Version and think "hey this Wii Version doesn't even look better than my PS2 version"

On the otherhand EA could make the motion contols into what sells the game....I just didn't see that happening though at least not this year. I was excited about madden 2007 on Wii but it was no where near what I though it could have been and I was very disappointed by it.

The Visuals and sound and realism in traditional sports games are what people want. Nintendo captured people with Wii Sports can they carry that sucsess over to real sports is the question? Sports game are a Huge casual market and I know some will say that Sports games don't sell systems but I may have never owned a Playstation if EA didn't stop making Madden for the Saturn.

Lastly because of the very similar graphic levels of PS2 and Wii will games like Madden on the Wii continually have to deal with the PS2 sales as well? As it would seem EA will make a PS2 version every year they make a Wii version due to PS2's astronomical installed base?

I think Wii "could" shine on Sports titles with the Motion controls while not going overboard. I really don't like moving my hands to run faster but love the Idea of actually feeling like I am passing. In my opinion I really don't think Madden will help Wii sales and might even hurt it in the long run. To this point there have been few games that come out on al 3 systems and that actualy favors Nintendo as it is something different. Next Gen multi platform games seem to be scored very lowly on the Wii and have a much smaller sales percentage.

Around the Network

I think it will do better than the ps3 version but worst than 360... so it will do good, but not great.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Leo J says the Wii version looks better than the PS3 version.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

The Wii version will be outsold by the PS2 and 360 version, but it should beat the PS3 version.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Agreed with outlawauron. PS2 > 360 > Wii > PS3. Also, the Wii version doesn't look as bad as the PS2 version. The Wii version was built from the ground up, so it's graphics are significantly better than the PS2 version's.

Around the Network

I think everyone can agree that the 360 version will sell the most and the PS3 version will sell the least, what's harder to agree on are the positions for the PS2 and Wii versions.

I'm thinking the Wii version will sell more just because it has added controls and apparently looks really good (though I'm not going to say it looks better than the 360/PS3 versions until I see better proof--not expecting this anytime soon).

360 > Wii > PS2 > PS3

-edit-
Whoops, apparently everyone doesn't agree that the 360 version will sell the best, oh well.  I'm just surprised to see Madden mentioned so many times on gamer forums.

Avalach21 said:

What do you mean "looks"? the graphics are not comparable the farmerate on the PS3 is the only thing that differs from the 360 for this years madden. I am not sure what the Wii's framerate will be though.

NorthStar said:
Avalach21 said:

What do you mean "looks"? the graphics are not comparable the farmerate on the PS3 is the only thing that differs from the 360 for this years madden. I am not sure what the Wii's framerate will be though.

The graphics are very comparable, look at my thread.

mM
NorthStar said:
Avalach21 said:

Look at the link in my previous post.  Like I said in that thread, I'll agree that the Wii vesion looks surprisingly good but I'm thinking that's only due to better lighting at night games than day games on turf.