By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VG Chartz = Don't believe it?

Rofl I already got a warning because I can't stop discussing about it at a site XD.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Rofl I already got a warning because I can't stop discussing about it at a site XD.

Lol, don't go overboard with this. They might actually get a worse impression of the site.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

No ones numbers are really right.

I doubt even Sony has perfect sales numbers, tracking over a 100 markets would be a pain in the ass even for them.

I really don't think vg tracks has the possibility of tracking every every market.

I like it because good at reflecting ratios and trends. I know that when they say a system was 23,000 sold in week that it might be 18,000 or 27,000 and another system might be 32,000 on here but may be 27,000 or 40,000. What does it show me?

Well when the PS3 price cut happened, I could see that the price cut did have an effect.

When DQ:S came out it showed that there were more Wii's shipped to Japan that week.

You can see the steady decline of Xbox360 week by week, and we'll see what that price cut does in a few weeks.

You can see that Mario Party 8 and Minna no Golf 5 went in to 6 figures.

You can see certain franchises have long legs after small releases.

You can see that Nintendogs is still one of the best selling games every week.

....and so on.

In the long run non of this really matters we are mostly having fun here, the community is great and the numbers are good enough to inspire NPD v. VGCharts debates all around the web. I've said before that I have a feeling that their are a lot of lurkers who disagree (the 90%), well that gets ioi's traffic up.

Numbers are fun. These numbers are good for recognizing trends and discussing the significance of how the sales (in general) affect the game industry and the gamers.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Killzone3 said:
No ones numbers are really right.

I doubt even Sony has perfect sales numbers, tracking over a 100 markets would be a pain in the ass even for them.

I really don't think vg tracks has the possibility of tracking every every market.

yeah i agree with you about this...and with other stuff I think??...well anyway its true no one can track the real number of systems sold...its just estimates of how much was being sold to the market..I was thinking about that at work..I was like "I know ioi doesnt get every single piece of data from the Markets, it has to be some data from certain companys"...and to be honest its true...Not one tracking service to count the number of units a console sold...who knows PS3 could of sold more units...All these Tracking Companys are posting are estimates thats all!

Around the Network

vgcharts is as close as they come to the real numbers, has anybody ever checked out nexgenwars??? i have watched it for the last month and unbelieveably the 360 according to it has sold more systems than the Wii, lol.

- You're mother******* of an ****** go back to the VGCHARTZ**** and *** ****** *******, I will ban you now and I do this with pleasure so *** ****** *****
You germans are so ****** and ******* VGCHARTZ**** can have you

And then I got banned, it doesn't like the forum loved VG Chartz much :s.

(Always fun how everyone calls me German).

I have an idea, I think you guys should join the sony blog, and tell them if they can sponsor vgchartz...

mM
leo-j said:
I have an idea, I think you guys should join the sony blog, and tell them if they can sponsor vgchartz...

Great!!

And we should start an VG CHARTZ ARMY! 

konnichiwa said:
leo-j said:

Great!!

And we should start an VG CHARTZ ARMY! 

No, I already joined, but they read your comments, if people were to contact SCEA they might actually sponsor vgchartz, and I think you guys could make alot of money. Not only that but you would have tons of sponsors knowing as an actual company trusts you.

mM