By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The "I Wish" Thread

This thread is about games you wish were made and/or remade on current generation consoles.

As an example, I'll go first.

My favorite game from the previous gen, without batting an eyelash, is easily Shadow of the Colossus.

The scale of this game is massive. I literally have gotten lost trying to find all of the Colossi in this game. Riding the horse is great for exploration, and figuring out how to defeat each Colossus was an awesome experience.

Shadow of the Colossus is not without its flaws. When the massive Colossi are on screen, there is a noticeable drop in framerates, although it never detracted from my enjoyment of the game. I wish they would tweak the code to make it run at a steady 30fps (or higher), as well as increasing the resolution to 720p, and re-release it for the PS3. I would be on it so fast, and would go through the entire game another time just to admire the beauty of the world created by Fumito Ueda (Team Ico).

So, what games do you wish were made or remade or were cancelled and never made it to the scene? I have a few more I will announce, but will wait until the ball has gotten rolling.

Around the Network

Nintendo already made my wishes come true.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

A sequel to Terranigma would probably make me pass out, I'd give anything for it, If I were a multi-millionaire I would invest in it's sequel myself, even for no profit returns I just need this game.

ArtofAngels said:
A sequel to Terranigma would probably make me pass out, I'd give anything for it, If I were a multi-millionaire I would invest in it's sequel myself, even for no profit returns I just need this game.

What is this Terranigma you speak of? I've never heard of it.

shenmue 3
a new panzer dragon orta
crazy taxi
well most of the dreamcast games

a new steel batalion next gen
or a real good mecha game

a good party game on XB 360 like the one they had (too short but good) on XB not fuzion frenzy... the other one I don't remember the name

R-type or that other sem kind of game you had on arcade except vertical... or a terminal velocity remake....

more jap fighting games remake of quality or a killer instinct....

well the list could go on but that's a start for me

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Dolla Dolla said:
ArtofAngels said:

What is this Terranigma you speak of? I've never heard of it.

Shame on you. Leave the forum.

It's a SNES game from Enix. I am too tired to tell you more, but I think ArtofAngels will "finish the fight" against your lack of knowledge.

I wouldn't want to break your heart by leaving. I know you fancy me, and that's ok

I never had a SNES. I was a Sega fan after NES.

Chrono trigger 2 and a Final fantasy 6 remake for me.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

FF7
Xenogears
Chrono Trigger and Cross
jet moto

for PS3 in full 1080p 60fps glory.

I wish Final fantasy 7 were to be made on the ps3.

mM

I'd like to see a real sequal to Mother 2 (Earthbound).

I've played Mother 3 but it was a failure. It's got no captivating story. Characters were uninteresting. The game system felt nothing but half-baked RPG. The ending was fairly predictable.

Mother 2 was interesting because it was radically different from traditional RPGs like DQ series.  It was different because Mother 2 didn't try to copy them. They just ditched the whole serious RPG system, and focused more on its storyline and humor. That's what made it so fresh and fun. Less traditional RPG aspects, but with an interesting story and a lot of interesting characters = Success.

Mother 3 was different. It tried to deepen its traditional RPG aspects (combat system etc), but ended up with being a mediocre RPG compared with DQ and FF because they didn't want to make it overly difficult at the same time. It's become a half-baked mediocre RPG with an uninteresting story and characters.

In reality, I guess I won't see a game like Mother 2 in the future. But I can imagine about it just for fun.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann