By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others Sales up, what happened to Resistance 2???

@lazyrider

actually motorstorm 2 isn't bundled...neither was LBP..until today....n that LBP bundle isn't widespread...it isn't even there in UK

the PEs 09 bundle was for like a week,.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

What happened is it sold 140k in 1 day. Pretty fuckin solid

Playstation 3 owner since December 25th, 2006

lazyrider said:
Do the people stating that Motorstorm 2 has legs realise that it is bundled (as is LBP and PES09)? Especially in the case of Motorstorm, I really don't think we can talk about legs (HW boost would boost its numbers proportionately).

The 360 currently has 10 bundles available for Europe.  Should we discount Gears of War 2's sales simply because it is bundled?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
lazyrider said:
Do the people stating that Motorstorm 2 has legs realise that it is bundled (as is LBP and PES09)? Especially in the case of Motorstorm, I really don't think we can talk about legs (HW boost would boost its numbers proportionately).

The 360 currently has 10 bundles available for Europe.  Should we discount Gears of War 2's sales simply because it is bundled?

Except that GOW2 was the 3rd fastest xbox360 game in the U.K , even before the bundles appeared , and it will have a glorious November (and December) NPD. The difference is that xbox360 games do REAL numbers in the NPD charts and have high chart places in Europe while sony's ps3 games...do not. I repeat ,after 2 years on the market , best NPD number for a sony 1st party game is 230k for GT5:P !!!!

fulcizombie said:
dbot said:
lazyrider said:

Except that GOW2 was the 3rd fastest xbox360 game in the U.K , even before the bundles appeared , and it will have a glorious November (and December) NPD. The difference is that xbox360 games do REAL numbers in the NPD charts and have high chart places in Europe while sony's ps3 games...do not. I repeat ,after 2 years on the market , best NPD number for a sony 1st party game is 230k for GT5:P !!!!

I think you are missing the point of my previous post.  You can't discount a game's sales because it is bundled.  Following your logic, Lip's sales are awful and any of it's post week 1 sales are strictly because of its bundle. 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Resistance 2 is my next game.

4 ≈ One

this is just WHAT LIKE 2 DAYS OF SALES MAYBE 1 we'll see next week.

LBP has been bundled for at least 2 weeks over here (Benelux), Motorstorm for at least a week.

I am not saying sales of bundled games should be discounted but when discussing sales and legs, especially with relatively small sales such as for Motorstorm, bundles are definitely a factor.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

lazyrider said:
LBP has been bundled for at least 2 weeks over here (Benelux), Motorstorm for at least a week.

I am not saying sales of bundled games should be discounted but when discussing sales and legs, especially with relatively small sales such as for Motorstorm, bundles are definitely a factor.

I have heard of nothing with Motorstorm 2 bundles. Only holiday bundles Sony released is the 80gigger LBP bundle that just released and the 160gigger Uncharted bundle PES bundle in Japan.

Max King of the Wild said:
lazyrider said:

I have heard of nothing with Motorstorm 2 bundles. Only holiday bundles Sony released is the 80gigger LBP bundle that just released and the 160gigger Uncharted bundle PES bundle in Japan.

I have seen the LBP bundles for at least 2 weeks. And you can find all sorts of "official" bundles on amazon france (http://www.amazon.fr/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_82615873_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000250203&pf_rd_m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0HWVWA5D9QAVNSB9EQ2K&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=464101473&pf_rd_i=530490)

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.