By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1Up interviews Nate Fox on inFamous

Not a lot of new info, but a good interview none the less

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3171602

"Infamous is an open-world game filled with stuff to discover as you poke around Empire City. People are getting mugged and attacked all around you -- whether you decide to do anything about it or not. We call this "the crime ecosystem." However, story missions are tailored to deliver a cinematic superhero experience."

"Not all of Cole's powers are about blasting people's faces in, just most of them."

"The biggest challenge was getting Cole's climb ability to work just right. We'd promised ourselves that the whole city was going to be scalable. This is, as you might imagine, a hard promise to live up to, but now that it all works, it was clearly worth all the effort. Being able to smoothly skulk along the rooftops and then jump down onto the heads of a bunch of bad guys is great. You really feel like a superhero. "

"Just this afternoon while playing the game, I pissed off a bunch of people, and they banded together into a mob and tried to stone me to death. Ultimately it didn't end well for them, but I admired their courage."

And new screenshots to boot:

Around the Network

Hopefully this will actually be really good.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

sounds like fun.

so, is blue/white the new brown/grey?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

It's a shame. I just can't get hyped for this title, even though what I'm hearing and seeing is pretty good.

I want to think this will be amazing, but then I think of how disappointing TFU was and this look pretty similar.

It's more a "cool" game than a "I HAVE TO BUY THIS!" game- the games fitting into that second category are God of War III, Trico, Heavy Rain, KZ2 and Godfather II. And BioShock 2.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

"Just this afternoon while playing the game, I pissed off a bunch of people, and they banded together into a mob and tried to stone me to death. Ultimately it didn't end well for them, but I admired their courage."

Haha. Nate Fox is the man.

Did anyone see the interview with him on Eurogamer?

"Ellie asks: Why do all videogame love interests have to be hot? Why can't Cole like her for her brilliant jokes and sharp intellect?

Nate Fox: Oh, well she's hot because of her enormous vocabulary. Words are hot."

Was just thinking about this game yesterday.

Can't wait until it comes out.

I have a feeling that the new free climb gameplay in uncharted 2 was helped by the lessons sucker punch learned with Infamous and its city scaling

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I so hope this game will be awesome, it has the potential :D

Electricity is friggin awesome :P It looks like it will be a ton of fun ^^ Plus those types of games are usually pretty enjoyable to me :) I had a blast with Spiderman 2 and the hulk ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.