By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Tired of being you? Science can make you think you're somebody else.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28017888/

The gist of it: Scientist have tricked the brain into identifying a body that is not it's own, as being it's own. It can make you believe that you are the body of a mannequin or of an entirely different person. Very trippy stuff.

The application?

The knowledge that the sense of corporal identification/self-perception can be manipulated to make people believe that they have a new body is of potential practical use in virtual reality applications and robot technology.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

The Matrix will have us yet.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

A virtual reality game where I identify the virtual body as my own would be crazy trippy.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

just watch Fight Club, bascially the same.

cant wait to see what this turns into in the future

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
O-D-C said:
just watch Fight Club, bascially the same.

That's what I was thinking.

Finally I can get some Total Recall action going up in here. Now bring on the chick with the paper-mache boobs...

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

Wow, that's insane. I think I like being me too much though. haha.

Cool.

I wonder who I'd want to be though.

Chuck Norris of course :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!