By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's OS market share lowest in 15 years!

mrstickball said:

Care to cite an actual source on this kind of accusation? As far as I can remember, companies like Dell are offering other systems such as Linux as an option.

AFAIK they (along with HP) were going to, but they're not.

Around the Network

@fila

why would xbox fanboys say MS has nothing to worrry about

xbox fanboys are loyal to xbox....not M$.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

FilaBrasileiro said:
mrstickball said:

Care to cite an actual source on this kind of accusation? As far as I can remember, companies like Dell are offering other systems such as Linux as an option.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but: If Windows had some sort of contract with these companies that 'forced' them to include Windows with every PC sold...Then why aren't we hearing of Microsoft suing for a breach of contract, as opposed to being in negotations with them, and working a deal out?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

darthdevidem01 said:
@fila

why would xbox fanboys say MS has nothing to worrry about

xbox fanboys are loyal to xbox....not M$.

You know how some PS3 fanboys actually defend everything Sony? Same thing apply for Xbox fanboys and MS.

mrstickball said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
mrstickball said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but: If Windows had some sort of contract with these companies that 'forced' them to include Windows with every PC sold...Then why aren't we hearing of Microsoft suing for a breach of contract, as opposed to being in negotations with them, and working a deal out?

MS can't force Sony, Toshiba, HP, Dell, Gateway etc to put Windows on their computers, it's obviously a deal that they negotiate and work out with each individual company.

Around the Network

I like this direction, though I'm still not happy with the current situation. I just hope we'll someday see Linux (not OSX, Apple isn't much if any better than M$) be the most popular OS.

FilaBrasileiro said:
mrstickball said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
mrstickball said:

MS can't force Sony, Toshiba, HP, Dell, Gateway etc to put Windows on their computers, it's obviously a deal that they negotiate and work out with each individual company.

So then that means that Windows is not forcing the buyer to do anything - rather, it's the PC manufacturers.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:

So then that means that Windows is not forcing the buyer to do anything - rather, it's the PC manufacturers.

It's a combination of PC manufacturers and MS, yes, but I blame the PC manufacturers more since they're the ones that should give us options, MS is not gonna tell them that.

SamuelRSmith said:
axumblade said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Well APPLe doesn't deserve marketshare so I hope M$ wins!

Eh. I'd rather have Apple and Linux fighting at higher percentages because it creates competition. Competition is always great for advancing technology.

No, firms with huge amounts of mioney to put into R&D are good for technology, too much competition can kill development.

than explain to me how some free Linux distros, Unix, SunOS, and others are like 10 years ahead of everything Windows Vista offers.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Chicken little says the sky is falling...lol...I'll direct attention to cae and point in Intel, and AMD's challenge to it...M$ jsut got caught napping with Vista, which is slow and clunky by XP standards...you can fully expect M$ to patch the heck out of Vista, and Window 7 will correct alot of these problems, just like how Intel smacked the crap outta AMD with core duo...and they are still beating the crap outta AMD.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder