By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's OS market share lowest in 15 years!

LOL

Windows at 89% and MAC at around 8%.

And this is supposed to scare MS????? Is this how pro-Apple fanboys celebrate lol

Around the Network

i have an idea. microsoft should create their own army and then start taking over countries.t hey not only diversify...but they can force everyone in the countries to use windows!

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

W3 Counter already had Windows market share at below 90% (88%). OneStat has Windows market share at 96%. Net Applications uses one of the least reliable methods by the way.

MrBubbles said:

i have an idea. microsoft should create their own army and then start taking over countries.t hey not only diversify...but they can force everyone in the countries to use windows!

well since windows is bundled with every PC sold, they all ready force buyer

-General_Ram- said:
MrBubbles said:

And who bundles Windows with 'every PC sold'?

Last I checked, Windows doesn't make the PCs. Apple does make the Mac, and does force buyers to use OSx as far as my understanding is.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Well...they are probably a bit concerned 'in principle' in this decline.

But you have to figure more people than ever are using PCs worldwide, so even if the total market share declines, odds are the number of people using Windows on PCs is rising steadily in absolute numbers.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

mrstickball said:
-General_Ram- said:
MrBubbles said:

Last I checked, Windows doesn't make the PCs. Apple does make the Mac, and does force buyers to use OSx as far as my understanding is.

MS has a exclusive deal with practically every PC maker.

-General_Ram- said:
MrBubbles said:

Yeah and that fucking sucks, I don't understand why Sony, Dell, HP, Toshiba, Gateway, etc don't give us a fucking option to buy one with Linux, it would be cheaper and with way less intrusive crap on your computer because they wouldn't have to pay any royalties to anybody. Maybe they are waiting for google to give them a good deal when they finally come out with their OS.

The XBox fanboys are saying that MS has nothing to worry about, well I disagree, while 90% is still fucking huge, it is worth remembering that IE had over 90% of web browsers at one point too, all we need is good alternatives (Apple, Linux, maybe Google) and have those being offered out of the box on computers at BB, Amazon and other stores, I will still want Windows around and competing and pushing each other, overall we win as consumers, IE actually got a lot better and more stable after Opera, Safari, Firefox and now Chrome gained major shares on it. Of course on the flip side of that is that MS wouldn't post $4billion profits every quarter, so that would be kind of bad for them.

-General_Ram- said:
mrstickball said:
-General_Ram- said:
MrBubbles said:

Care to cite an actual source on this kind of accusation? As far as I can remember, companies like Dell are offering other systems such as Linux as an option.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

-General_Ram- said:
mrstickball said:
-General_Ram- said:
MrBubbles said:

Didn't Dell and HP one time threatened to start offering PCs with Linux but then MS cut them a deal or something?

TheSource said:

Well...they are probably a bit concerned 'in principle' in this decline.

But you have to figure more people than ever are using PCs worldwide, so even if the total market share declines, odds are the number of people using Windows on PCs is rising steadily in absolute numbers.

The absolute number is great for bragging rights only, what good is it to sell another 100 million copies of Windows in Africa, 200 million in S. America and 600 million in Asia if they're all bought for 10 bucks in the black market? What gives MS money is the Windows on every laptop/desktop on stores and especially the fees and royalties that huge companies have to pay to run windows, windows server, windows office etc on their thousands of computers.