By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My 360 has again succumbed to the dreaded RROD

As you can surmise from the thread title, I have again been inflicted with the dreaded RROD. The first time I experienced this I simply used a store replacement plan I had purchased; however, when I received my new console I decided the three-year warranty would suffice. I know I will, at the very least, be required to call MSFT for a new console. I am wondering if there is some way to acquire a replacement voucher online? Any insight would be appreciated.

Around the Network

Having mine RRoDed recently, here's the easiest, quickest way to get your console back:

1. Log in to www.xbox.com with your XBL Gamertag
2. Go to 'support' and 'repair console'
3. Select that the issue was RRoD
4. Print out pre-paid UPS shipping label
5. Ship
6. Get console back in a week or so.

I did the said steps a few days ago for my RRoD. It took me far longer to pack the box & take it to my local UPS Store than it did finding out what to do on xbox.com and printing the label out.

My X360 RRoD'ed on November the 18th. I procrastinated, and shipped the console out on the 22nd. Looking at Microsoft's tracking system, my X360 is en-route to my house, but was fixed last Friday or so...I expect to have my X360 back by Wednesday or Thursday.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Having mine RRoDed recently, here's the easiest, quickest way to get your console back:

1. Log in to www.xbox.com with your XBL Gamertag
2. Go to 'support' and 'repair console'
3. Select that the issue was RRoD
4. Print out pre-paid UPS shipping label
5. Ship
6. Get console back in a week or so.

I did the said steps a few days ago for my RRoD. It took me far longer to pack the box & take it to my local UPS Store than it did finding out what to do on xbox.com and printing the label out.

My X360 RRoD'ed on November the 18th. I procrastinated, and shipped the console out on the 22nd. Looking at Microsoft's tracking system, my X360 is en-route to my house, but was fixed last Friday or so...I expect to have my X360 back by Wednesday or Thursday.

LMAO... that must have been the official RROD day, because mine got the RROD too that day!  Unfortunately I didnt have any boxes on me and it was late so i stupidly sent a request for a pre-paid "coffin" box, which didnt get here till that Friday (the 22nd) which is when i also shipped it out, and its now en route to my house and im also expecting it about Wednesday or Thursday... man are you sure you're not me?  LoL... is yours an Elite model manufactured on or around 10-25-2007 with the Falcon motherboard also?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Jeez how many people haven't recieved an RROD at this point?

DO the Chill stations help out at all?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Jackson50 said:

As you can surmise from the thread title, I have again been inflicted with the dreaded RROD. The first time I experienced this I simply used a store replacement plan I had purchased; however, when I received my new console I decided the three-year warranty would suffice. I know I will, at the very least, be required to call MSFT for a new console. I am wondering if there is some way to acquire a replacement voucher online? Any insight would be appreciated.

Jackson just outta curiosity when did you originally purchase your 360 and what model was it (Arcade, Pro, or Elite)?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Towel trick is the best RROD fix. You can do the towel trick over and over and get a week or two play with your X360, every time you do the towel trick.

Alternatively you can send it to MS who hopefully give you a replacement console if your X360 is less than 12 months old. Ifyour X360 is aged between 12 months and 36 months, MS fixes your console but there is no guarantee the console will last when MS fix it. Anywhere between a day or 2 years the console can last without RROD when MS have fixed it for you or they have given you a remanufactured X360 in its place.

If everything else fails with your X360, you can buy a new X360 they are cheap in price starting at $200.

We sure are hypnotized by Microsoft, it's kind of scary... Any other brand having that kind of flaw in its product gets banned from our house for life, not Microsoft products, we forgive them so many times no matter what happens next...

Windows crashes, ok, restart and continue, BSOD? hope i saved my stuff and i better check how i handle my PC, Registry? just format, IE? i don't mind that browser, Office problems? reinstall, and the list keeps going and going...

Meanwhile, i've seen people that say "My Samsung TV doesn't show picture, i'll never buy a Samsung TV again"... But the 360 gets the RROD, i don't hear them saying "I'll never buy a Microsoft console again"...

I don't know, maybe it's just me...

I thought that magical warranty was up, or was that just for the people who bought the first round of 360's?

The Anarchyz said:
We sure are hypnotized by Microsoft, it's kind of scary... Any other brand having that kind of flaw in its product gets banned from our house for life, not Microsoft products, we forgive them so many times no matter what happens next...

Windows crashes, ok, restart and continue, BSOD? hope i saved my stuff and i better check how i handle my PC, Registry? just format, IE? i don't mind that browser, Office problems? reinstall, and the list keeps going and going...

Meanwhile, i've seen people that say "My Samsung TV doesn't show picture, i'll never buy a Samsung TV again"... But the 360 gets the RROD, i don't hear them saying "I'll never buy a Microsoft console again"...

I don't know, maybe it's just me...

you've got a point there.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

hypnotized?