By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My 360 has again succumbed to the dreaded RROD

Username2324 said:
Commando said:
The Anarchyz said:
We sure are hypnotized by Microsoft, it's kind of scary... Any other brand having that kind of flaw in its product gets banned from our house for life, not Microsoft products, we forgive them so many times no matter what happens next...

Windows crashes, ok, restart and continue, BSOD? hope i saved my stuff and i better check how i handle my PC, Registry? just format, IE? i don't mind that browser, Office problems? reinstall, and the list keeps going and going...

Meanwhile, i've seen people that say "My Samsung TV doesn't show picture, i'll never buy a Samsung TV again"... But the 360 gets the RROD, i don't hear them saying "I'll never buy a Microsoft console again"...

I don't know, maybe it's just me...

you've got a point there.

I think it's because that's what we expect from Microsoft, we expect disappointment, and once it arrives we're not surprised, but other brands you expand brilliance and quality, and if you're unlucky and happen to get a fluke it has a different effect on you.

I hope those other brands you're talking about don't include Samsung =) lol. I guess when it comes down to it Xbox is the box that I can play the games I want for cheap without buying a comp, and at the same time enjoy a healthy dose of exclusives. That sucks you got RROD still, and wish for a safe journey for your 360 to and back from the factory.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

I got the RRoD last week. It was my second one since I bought my Xbox back in 2006. At least they repair it free of charge. Luckily I have the relevant packaging so no costs there. Just make sure you pack it up securely with bubble wrap, newspapers etc.

NightDragon83 said:Jackson just outta curiosity when did you originally purchase your 360 and what model was it (Arcade, Pro, or Elite)?

I originally possessed a launch 360, and that lasted approximately 1 3/4 years. I then received my new 360 in late August when Bioshock released. 

where do you guys keep you 360's? Like in a tight enclosed are or really close to the wall? just curious.

our MS propaganda machine stresses that u dont talk about your RROD problems. It hurts our internet campaign to promote 360.

Around the Network
The Anarchyz said:
We sure are hypnotized by Microsoft, it's kind of scary... Any other brand having that kind of flaw in its product gets banned from our house for life, not Microsoft products, we forgive them so many times no matter what happens next...

Windows crashes, ok, restart and continue, BSOD? hope i saved my stuff and i better check how i handle my PC, Registry? just format, IE? i don't mind that browser, Office problems? reinstall, and the list keeps going and going...

Meanwhile, i've seen people that say "My Samsung TV doesn't show picture, i'll never buy a Samsung TV again"... But the 360 gets the RROD, i don't hear them saying "I'll never buy a Microsoft console again"...

I think the reason so many have stuck with the Xbox 360 after RROD is because they have already invested in it with games and accessories but most importantly because of the free extended 3 year warranty. If Microsoft hadn't done that then I would have definately not stuck with the 360.

I think another reason is because the 360 has a lot of good games and third party support and the alternative console to the 360 is not all that great really and way too expensive just to play games on.

mrstickball said:
Having mine RRoDed recently, here's the easiest, quickest way to get your console back:

1. Log in to www.xbox.com with your XBL Gamertag
2. Go to 'support' and 'repair console'
3. Select that the issue was RRoD
4. Print out pre-paid UPS shipping label
5. Ship
6. Get console back in a week or so.

I did the said steps a few days ago for my RRoD. It took me far longer to pack the box & take it to my local UPS Store than it did finding out what to do on xbox.com and printing the label out.

My X360 RRoD'ed on November the 18th. I procrastinated, and shipped the console out on the 22nd. Looking at Microsoft's tracking system, my X360 is en-route to my house, but was fixed last Friday or so...I expect to have my X360 back by Wednesday or Thursday.

My Falcon 360 succumbed to the E74 error on November 13th.  I went to support.xbox.com, filed a claim and selected the coffin, which arrived on Nov. 18th.  Sent the console off the next day, and it was delivered in Mesquite, TX on the 24th, "fixed" on the 25th and assigned a new console serial # on the 26th.  I received an email on the 26th notifying me that I'd be sent a UPS tracking number shortly.  Here I am on December 2nd with no tracking number.  Getting more pissed off by the day.

Oh, and twice on the 27th and once on the 28th I received an email saying they had received my repair request but not my console and that if I didn't send in my console in 30 days the request would be canceled.  WTF?

The Anarchyz said:

BEST POST EVER!  You have completely summed up my exact feelings about the 360 and the RROD.  Why the hell are people so forgiving of Microsoft for such a faulty product?  Anarchyz = my new hero.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

i'm thankful to god for asking my parents to buy me a ps3 rather than a 360.....cuzz i was not gna look them in the eye every time that system broke down -_-"

dougsdad0629 said:
The Anarchyz said:

BEST POST EVER!  You have completely summed up my exact feelings about the 360 and the RROD.  Why the hell are people so forgiving of Microsoft for such a faulty product?  Anarchyz = my new hero.

If you look at my comment earlier you will see why people are so forgiving of the 360. In the same way people were so forgiving of the PS2 with it's unreliable laser reader with NO free extended warranty the Microsoft is giving out. I remember faulty PS2's flooding eBay and did gamers invest in alternatives? Some did but most went out and bought another PS2.