By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name All Consoles in 12 Minutes

What in hell is an Atari Flashback?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I got 42. I missed Sega Dreamcast and the system is in my fucking bedroom hooked up RIGHT NOW!! And what the hell is a Mega Duck!?

You got 47 out of 68 Video Game Systems (released in the U.S.).

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

NightDragon83 said:
mike_intellivision said:
I got 46. But I have several complaints.

I don't consider closed-ended systems relevant. The pong units from the 1970s and the dedicated units from the 2000s were stoppers.

It would not take answers such as the Apple Bandai Pippin and the RCA Studio II (I didn't remember the APF MP-1000 either but that was not listed as well).

The PV-1000 was not released in North America (outside of Japan) to the best of my knowledge. I was buying games and following games in the 1980s and never heard of it.

It says that upgrades were not to be part of it -- but the SMS and SMS II are the same system.

Mike from Morgantow

LoL i was waiting to hear your results Mike... I was expecting you to be the first to get into the 50's

I had gotten 57 earler in the topic

anyway I was waiting for his results aswell and as I expected he had similar complaints about the testseveral systems without US releases, several missed systems with US releases, Naming conventrion issues, odd inclussions of hardware variants and dedicated hardware

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38/68 with no help.

two atari flashbacks but no DS Lite, Gameaxe or Nuon? The list is far from perfect.

I forgot how to spell TG-16, and I did get the Gamepark 32.

I forgot the Saturn and the Nomad. I am ashamed...

Around the Network

45 ...
They included Master System 2 but not other rebranded consoles like Snes 2/jr genesis 2/3 ... meh

Poor Halcyon they forget him
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halcyon_(console)

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Kantor said:
What in hell is an Atari Flashback?

Plung&Play with a lot of odlie Atari 2600 games ( there is also a sequel called Atari Flashback 2 ).

The first one should have sold around 1 million units.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

I got a 25/68.
I only got those:
1975 Atari (PONG)
1977 Atari 2600
1980 Nintendo Game & Watch
1985 Nintendo Entertainment System
1986 Sega Master System
1989 Nintendo Game Boy
1989 Sega Genesis
1991 Super Nintendo Entertainment System
1993 3DO Interactive Multiplayer
1995 Sega Saturn
1995 Sony PlayStation
1995 Virtual Boy
1996 Nintendo 64
1998 Game Boy Color
1999 Sega Dreamcast
2000 Sony PlayStation 2
2001 Nintendo GameCube
2001 Microsoft Xbox
2001 Game Boy Advance
2003 N-Gage
2004 Nintendo DS
2005 PlayStation Portable
2005 Xbox 360
2006 Sony PlayStation 3
2006 Nintendo Wii

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

32 with no help. Also any1 else find it almost shocking that 25% of people forgot the gamecube??? 0_0

40 with cheating - about 30 without cheating