By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher on consoles to look and control better than PC version, says Stilinsky

Video looks good.

Got it on VG247.

Speaking in the video interview after the break, CDProjekt designer Jacob Stilinsky’s claimed that the consoles version of monster-hunting RPG The Witcher - titled The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf - will not only feature superior control to the original PC version, but will pack more polygons and “look” better in general.

Suck it up, PC owners. Both 360 and PS3 are getting the game, which supports Achievements and Trophies, and even Sixaxis.

It’s more “dynamic,” and everything. It’s got a new engine, apparently, and a completely new combat system. In fact, we spit in your face, PC version of The Witcher. You’re dead to us.

No date. Take a look.

Just so you know I did not write article it is copied directly from VG247..

I think the context is tounge and cheek more than anything.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/292934.html

Around the Network

Ballsy reask! Though I am extremely happy that the Witcher is coming to my 360, stating that it will be better than the PC version ("spit in you face PC" quote) might get you some "not so nice words" from the PC community gamers, even though you are just sharing the info. Though I appreciate the information and find your motivation and sarcasm refreshing, others may not.

Countdown to (Shio) showing up to eat your face in , 5, 4, 3, .............

TheTruthHurts! said:

Ballsy reask! Though I am extremely happy that the Witcher is coming to my 360, stating that it will be better than the PC version ("spit in you face PC" quote) might get you some "not so nice words" from the PC community gamers, even though you are just sharing the info. Though I appreciate the information and find your motivation and sarcasm refreshing, others may not.

Countdown to (Shio) showing up to eat your face in , 5, 4, 3, .............

That is why I put the disclaimer in although I do visit said site frequently and a lot of there artcles are written in the same context.

Not a fan of the game and I'm pretty sure the sales won't be that good (500k max), but I'm happy when some people actually care about it

Ah, I can' t wait for this shit. It came out back when I had a terrible computer - now I have a better one, but I think I'll just wait for the console release.

Around the Network

Actually that doesn't sound like Jacob Stilinsky talking but just the author of the blog. This could turn interesting, but for the sake of the game I hope they don't water down some of the content. Even if it gets brand spanking new and improved fighting and graphics it would still ruin it in comparison to the PC version.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I was just about to get the PC version... When I found out about the DRM. No, I'm not getting it no matter how good it is. Not even a console version, and I could probably say I'm especially not getting a console version. It's a PC game and in that way I would support it, should I support it at all. Native console games are mostly a different case, though.

wow that's completely trolling PC. It will probably have more polygons and animations, but what would you expect from a version on a completely new engine and with going to be released 2 years after the PC version?

And it won't control better, only it will be fully redesigned to fit the gamepads.

Also, The console version doesn't have mods nor editor, which are far, far superior features than achievements.

If anyone is interested in the PC version, you can buy the Enhanced Edition for only $40, and it includes a CD with the original soundtrack and some more goodies in the box!

I'll most likely pick this up. I'm a sucker for western RPG's and I don't game on pc anymore. I've been wanting to play this game for ages.

Sweet, I loved the PC version, but I didn't get to finish it before I sold my PC, I am so getting this!