By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I dislike Sony: Long Post

Xen said:
The DC's death is mostly because of Sega, not Sony.

LIES, LIES, LIES, It was the damn DVD player that killed the Dreamcast.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Xen said:
The DC's death is mostly because of Sega, not Sony.

LIES, LIES, LIES, It was the damn DVD player that killed the Dreamcast.

I'm gonna take that as sarcasm..

I didn't know it was early 2007.

EDIT: Sigh. It's Sony's fault they destroyed a company that wasn't doing well? Nobody bought it for the DVD playback, they bought it for the games. They're a bad company for selling 120 million units while the Dreamcast sold 10 million? No, they're actually a very good company for having the talent to do that.

Yes, they have copied Nintendo, but they copied and improved. They improved single analog to Dual Analog. They improved two face buttons on the GBA to four on the PSP. Microsoft has copied as much as, if not more than, Sony.

Certainly, Nintendo is the most innovative, the one that comes up with the ideas.

Sony takes those ideas, tweaks and improved them.

And that really wasn't that long.

White Knight Chronicles and FF13 are both JRPGs, yes?

Just the mention of the grill makes me think this is a joke thread. If it is, it isn't funny.

Also, Sony were the first to put the analog stick they 'stole' onto a portable console.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

Neither did I.  ;p

Pixel Art can be fun.

mamboula said:

I never had a computer crash as often as my Sony Vaio.  I currently own 2 Dell Desktops, 1 Toshiba Labtop, and one Compaq Desktop and they haven't crashed in several months.  My old Vaio, on the other hand, crashed once every month I owned it.  On top of that, the motherboard fried.. but I can't really blame Sony for that.. can I?

You cant blame sony. The problem on every pc, is not the computer, ITS WINDOWS...Microsoft always made sh...Windows make fuck every computer, if you want a good computer, buy a Mac from apple.

But Macs are for casuals College students and women.  Hardcore Real man build PC's.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
mamboula said:

I never had a computer crash as often as my Sony Vaio.  I currently own 2 Dell Desktops, 1 Toshiba Labtop, and one Compaq Desktop and they haven't crashed in several months.  My old Vaio, on the other hand, crashed once every month I owned it.  On top of that, the motherboard fried.. but I can't really blame Sony for that.. can I?

You cant blame sony. The problem on every pc, is not the computer, ITS WINDOWS...Microsoft always made sh...Windows make fuck every computer, if you want a good computer, buy a Mac from apple.

lol

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

SmokedHostage said:

2.) The Uprooting of the Dreamcast

Much like people say the Wii only says because of the gimmicky controller, I think the bulk of PS2 sales were for its gimmicky DVD player.  I honestly believe the PS2 would have been more competitive with the Dreamcast if it didn't have the DVD player.  Damn you Sony, you killed one of my favorite consoles of all time.

Sega killed the Dreamcast. Period.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Kantor said:

EDIT: Sigh. It's Sony's fault they destroyed a company that wasn't doing well? Nobody bought it for the DVD playback, they bought it for the games. They're a bad company for selling 120 million units while the Dreamcast sold 10 million? No, they're actually a very good company for having the talent to do that.

Yes, they have copied Nintendo, but they copied and improved. They improved single analog to Dual Analog. They improved two face buttons on the GBA to four on the PSP. Microsoft has copied as much as, if not more than, Sony.

Certainly, Nintendo is the most innovative, the one that comes up with the ideas.

Sony takes those ideas, tweaks and improved them.

And that really wasn't that long.

White Knight Chronicles and FF13 are both JRPGs, yes?

Just the mention of the grill makes me think this is a joke thread. If it is, it isn't funny.

Also, Sony were the first to put the analog stick they 'stole' onto a portable console.

You admit it!  I can't take it back!

Pixel Art can be fun.

I hate them because I don't have Home Beta.

K, I'll remember you hate Sony in later situations.