By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much would an Apple console sell?

Bad.

Around the Network

hasnt the success of DS and the (improving) success of psp shown that the growing future of video games is hand helds?

Evolving technology and battery life (methanol batteries etc) prove that someday a hand held will be at least as powerful as the most powerful console of the previous generation.

The i phone and touch are slowly garnering market share, Apple would do best to go for that segment.

the wii, nintendo, playstation and xbox are extremely strong brands to compete with. Doubt apple or anyone else is gonna delve into the console industry right now

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

toastboy44562 said:
i wouldnt buy it, i hate apple...

correct

/thread

stof said:
If I made you dinner, would you like it?

how the hell should you know? you have no idea what I'm making.

haha good call.

It depends on price and how much third party support it gets, I would guess. If its cheap and has the "iGame" name to it that should sell a few systems right there.

Playstation 3 owner since December 25th, 2006

Apple wouldn't make a console.

However, they might make a media device designed for the living room which happens to also play cheap games sold through online distribution.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

they already do its called the Wii:P

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

The iPhone/iPod Touch is the closest we'll get to an apple console.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Apple should back Sony's Playstation since they already have the name in gaming industry and split the profits 50/50 Apple and Sony teaming up can definetly give M$ and Nintendo a run for their money.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Bullet100000 said:
Apple should back Sony's Playstation since they already have the name in gaming industry and split the profits 50/50 Apple and Sony teaming up can definetly give M$ and Nintendo a run for their money.

Apple has 25B in their warchest. They could actually buy Sony.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
Bullet100000 said:

Apple has 25B in their warchest. They could actually buy Sony.

Pulling a nother one from your a$$ mu friend ? ;) I seriously doubt they could buy sony, hell if that would be the case MS would have bought it up a loooong time ago ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!