By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

Alright Yushire, I'll just focus on this post.

So you saying that you think the Conduit might open to poor reviews and receive bad sales. Personally, I think it will probably receive positive reviews and see decent sales, but that's just my opinion.

I still don't get what the Chonduit has to do with your purchasing World at War. It's supposed to be a good game. I'm glad your getting it. I don't think anyone is really saying you shouldn't buy certain games because the Conduit is coming out though.

I just wish you'd acknowledge my point that there is plenty of legitimate reasons to anticipate the Conduit. We can say for certain that it's a Wii Exclusive original IP with good graphics, great fully customizable controls and plenty of work and dev time. So far there have been very few games like this in the FPS genre on Wii, which is sad considering how great Wii FPS controls are. The latest was COD, and I hope that it does well, which it just might as you yourself have pointed out before in regards to legs on Wii games.

And no, no one (at least not reasonable people) Considers this to be as big as Halo or Gears.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
yushire said:
SO... is that a xbox game or what? For a game that as hyped as Halo and Gears it sure looks like a xbox game. Or Im wrong and you cant do that graphics in a xbox...

So how different is that graphics from COD WAW and Quantum of Soalce on the Wii?

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/826185/james-bond-007/videos/bond-wii-clip-3.html

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14222041/call-of-duty-5/videos/wii_vidrev_cod5_112508.html

I didnt include some xbox games there so what The conduit thinks the engine and the graphics is special? And guess what Activision didnt even try on Qos and COD WAW. So how do you think this graphics was special?

Simply because HVS do what developers must do in a average Wii game and not a shoddy port doesnt mean we have to hype this game as the best graphics or awesome game on the Wii. If you want to see that kind of graphics why not buy a xbox game?

Like I said, this is as hyped as Halo and gears or even Killzone 2 if Wii games are concerned. And its HVS are doing the hype. If HVS wants to hype this game as it already is they should make the game as fan's expectation and not just a average xbox game. I think they should learn tips from Factor 5, they're doing a GC game just as like as xbox 360 games. Now thats what I called awesome graphics...

lol, where did you get the idea that this game is as hyped as Halo and Gears? No one on the planet expects The Conduit to come close to the quality or success of those titles.

And I don't want to alarm you, but Wii is only just barely more powerful than the xbox. Welcome to 2006.

yushire said:

Because there are other good games on the system this year and the coming year to wait to other than the conduit? And there are good FPS games already system sure theyre not AAA, or even A maybe B but how can we possibly knew that The Conduit is A?
Theres no reason to wait, the quality games are already here, we just dont noticed it. Of course, it doesnt mean we dont have to buy the conduit but many people says "Im waiting for the conduit" than buy other games on the system I dont know why but thats whats their thinking.

Unless theres a multiplayer modes other than CTF like Sabotage, zombie mode, search and destroy, vehicles, online co-op, splitscreen multiplayer with bots, etc... then SURE wait for The Conduit even I want to wait and ignore other games on the system like COD WAW even the game was good but as far I dont see anything special on the Conduit.

I'm waiting for The Conduit to come out. But then again, I ain't a FPS gamer and I don't like War games much. But I think I might want Red Steel 2 even more then The Conduit.

It would be good for people to buy FPS games here and right now so COD WAW and QoS can get decent sales and not just die on 300 to 600k. They are probably good games and good games needs support on Wii. Most people has time to save up some money to buy The Conduit anyway, even if they do buy a FPS game now. Is that why you think people should not wait? And maybe that people could get disappointed by The Conduit when it finally comes and not buy a FPS game for Wii at all?

One problem is, The Conduit attracts people who don't like war games and ordinary FPS games. The Conduit will attract people who has more then one console and often buys their multiplatform games for the stronger console (as in not Wii). And the Conduit will attract people who don't own a current gen console yet and possible non hardcore gamers. And people who ordinary plays FPS games on Wii will get The Conduit. That by being different, by playing on the strong sides of The Wii Remote (the pointer), by wowing with having great graphics for being a Wii game, by having vocal developers daring to develope exclusive for Wii and trying their best in that timeframe they have.

I'm not saying that The Conduit will have great sales, but I'm saying that i think the game will have a bit different market than the current FPS games and that I think it will be a good thing if the people who buys FPS games for Wii and the possible others aswell also do it and that might lead to better sales. Like, expanding the market.

The problem with The Conduit is that it's a new IP, the news of it has to come out to as many people it can and so on. So we will see how it goes.

stof said:
Alright Yushire, I'll just focus on this post.

I still don't get what the Chonduit has to do with your purchasing World at War. It's supposed to be a good game. I'm glad your getting it. I don't think anyone is really saying you shouldn't buy certain games because the Conduit is coming out though.

And no, no one (at least not reasonable people) Considers this to be as big as Halo or Gears.

LOL I think some people do, why I created this thread in the first place? But atleast Im glad we settled this debate and its  over. So everyone here didnt anticipate this title as like Gears did? Then good glad to know The Conduit reminds me of Half Life though...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

stof said:
So is the fact that it's stickied on VGchartz part of the problem? The people here are interested in it. They want a good FPS on the Wii that isn't set in World War 2. Why not Monster Hunter? Because it's primarily a Japanese interest game? Because it just hasn't been stickied?

Your original post states "is it even worth the wait?" and then says "Im just posting this for anyone who still expecting much of this title, the 3rd party quality titles already proven, Monster Hunter 3, fragile, House of the Dead Overkill, marvelous titles, Skate it, Shaun White snowboarding, De Blob, Deadly Creatures, etc... so whats HVS tries to prove?"

What does good third party games have to do with interest in the Conduit? What is HVS trying to prove? They're trying to prove they're developing a game called the Conduit?

Yes, there are other FPS's. Quantum of Solace is getting piss poor reviews, Call of Duty Wii has just come out, and despite not having much sales front end, we have no idea where it'll go (not to mention it's monster sales on the HD consoles have a lot to do with the success of CoD 4 on those same consoles). But again, what does that have to do with interest in the Conduit (which has that awesome gun where you can guide the ammo after you shoot it... That looks like a lot of fun!).

No one is saying it will be the Wii's first quality game or hardcore title. It's just a game that has a lot of appeal because of it's graphics, genre, controls and non WW2 setting (and lots of other tidbits we've heard about it)

I think it will be a great game. If it isn't a great game then yes, a lot of people will be disappointed.

You hit the nail on the head as always stof (as always) the thread should have ended here IMO, but yes this game is about showing what the Wii FPS should be, and showing that developers can put work into a Wii game.  A lot of people on this site is interested in The Conduit because it should be a blast online with being the first Wii FPS to use WM+ and Wii Speak as well as being a non WWII shooter.  CoD:WaW is the Wii FPS standard at the moment and while it is as big of a blast to play as CoD4 it lacks the modes and options a lot of fans want, CoD is the king at the moment but the Conduit has a lot of promise.  I don't see how anyone could call it generic after seeing the videos of it though, there's not much generic about it, it's got a unique story, creative guns and control, and has things no other Wii game will have like LAN support.  The only thing generic about the title is aliens are used a lot in FPS these days but really the only people to fight are other people (usually involving a world war setting though it could finally change to WWIII and have a more modern feel for a change) or fight a bunch of alien guys...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Tuulikk said:
yushire said:

Because there are other good games on the system this year and the coming year to wait to other than the conduit? And there are good FPS games already system sure theyre not AAA, or even A maybe B but how can we possibly knew that The Conduit is A?
Theres no reason to wait, the quality games are already here, we just dont noticed it. Of course, it doesnt mean we dont have to buy the conduit but many people says "Im waiting for the conduit" than buy other games on the system I dont know why but thats whats their thinking.

Unless theres a multiplayer modes other than CTF like Sabotage, zombie mode, search and destroy, vehicles, online co-op, splitscreen multiplayer with bots, etc... then SURE wait for The Conduit even I want to wait and ignore other games on the system like COD WAW even the game was good but as far I dont see anything special on the Conduit.

I'm waiting for The Conduit to come out. But then again, I ain't a FPS gamer and I don't like War games much. But I think I might want Red Steel 2 even more then The Conduit.

It would be good for people to buy FPS games here and right now so COD WAW and QoS can get decent sales and not just die on 300 to 600k. They are probably good games and good games needs support on Wii. Most people has time to save up some money to buy The Conduit anyway, even if they do buy a FPS game now. Is that why you think people should not wait? And maybe that people could get disappointed by The Conduit when it finally comes and not buy a FPS game for Wii at all?

One problem is, The Conduit attracts people who don't like war games and ordinary FPS games. The Conduit will attract people who has more then one console and often buys their multiplatform games for the stronger console (as in not Wii). And the Conduit will attract people who don't own a current gen console yet and possible non hardcore gamers. And people who ordinary plays FPS games on Wii will get The Conduit. That by being different, by playing on the strong sides of The Wii Remote (the pointer), by wowing with having great graphics for being a Wii game, by having vocal developers daring to develope exclusive for Wii and trying their best in that timeframe they have.

I'm not saying that The Conduit will have great sales, but I'm saying that i think the game will have a bit different market than the current FPS games and that I think it will be a good thing if the people who buys FPS games for Wii and the possible others aswell also do it and that might lead to better sales. Like, expanding the market.

The problem with The Conduit is that it's a new IP, the news of it has to come out to as many people it can and so on. So we will see how it goes.

I just hope that HVS dont anticipate this game to sell for atleast over 300,000 in its first week though. We knew this is a new IP and we knew this game will have decent sales I just hope HVS  thinking the same way.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

--OkeyDokey-- said:
yushire said:
SO... is that a xbox game or what? For a game that as hyped as Halo and Gears it sure looks like a xbox game. Or Im wrong and you cant do that graphics in a xbox...

So how different is that graphics from COD WAW and Quantum of Soalce on the Wii?

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/826185/james-bond-007/videos/bond-wii-clip-3.html

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14222041/call-of-duty-5/videos/wii_vidrev_cod5_112508.html

I didnt include some xbox games there so what The conduit thinks the engine and the graphics is special? And guess what Activision didnt even try on Qos and COD WAW. So how do you think this graphics was special?

Simply because HVS do what developers must do in a average Wii game and not a shoddy port doesnt mean we have to hype this game as the best graphics or awesome game on the Wii. If you want to see that kind of graphics why not buy a xbox game?

Like I said, this is as hyped as Halo and gears or even Killzone 2 if Wii games are concerned. And its HVS are doing the hype. If HVS wants to hype this game as it already is they should make the game as fan's expectation and not just a average xbox game. I think they should learn tips from Factor 5, they're doing a GC game just as like as xbox 360 games. Now thats what I called awesome graphics...

lol, where did you get the idea that this game is as hyped as Halo and Gears? No one on the planet expects The Conduit to come close to the quality or success of those titles.

And I don't want to alarm you, but Wii is only just barely more powerful than the xbox. Welcome to 2006.

Not just. Wii is more powerful then Xbox. Xbox was a bit more powerful then GameCube, only. Wii is a lot stronger then GameCube even if all specs ain't doubled and therefore more then a tiny bit more powerful then Xbox. But compared to Xbox 360 and PS3, Wii and Xbox is in the same ballpark powerwise.

About the hype, I agree and think it's good that The Conduit ain't in the same level of hype.

Tuulikk said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
yushire said:

Not just. Wii is more powerful then Xbox. Xbox was a bit more powerful then GameCube, only. Wii is a lot stronger then GameCube even if all specs ain't doubled and therefore more then a tiny bit more powerful then Xbox. But compared to Xbox 360 and PS3, Wii and Xbox is in the same ballpark powerwise.

About the hype, I agree and think it's good that The Conduit ain't in the same level of hype.

pokes at Tuulikk, Wii was a GC 1.5 or GC 2.0 but definitely GC 1.5 I'll show you the link later, I have to find it.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@Yushire: Look. How many FPS games there are coming for Wii that look even remotedly worth waiting for? Conduit and Redsteel 2. How many FPS games Wii already has, that have been worth waiting? None. We don't know yet, whether Conduit will be a game in retrospect that was worth waiting, but considering it being made ground-up for Wii, it does have the potential.

If i'd buy CoD:WaW today, it doesn't mean i wouldn't buy Conduit when it comes out, but since i'm not interested in CoD or the other existing shooters, so i wait for Conduit and see if it's worth buying.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I am hyped about this game because I love the Wii-Controls for Shooters, they are nearly perfect: Better than Mouse(Keyboard on PC and far far better than gamepad controls.