By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

There are three that could happen for a Wii gamer could be disappointed:

1) Online isnt what we expected to be, The Conduit cant surpass the numbers of guns and perks and ranking of COD WAW. COD WAW was only 8 players but the game was still fun because of that. Im discussing the Wii version here, forget about the other versions Im talking about the Wii version.

2) It will have average reviews wether on singleplayer or multiplayer, and it dont have splitscreen to worth a purchase, which means most Wii gamers thats waiting for this game instead of buying for COD WAW will be deeply disappointed.

3) The weapons and art design arent unique or special unlike other online games in other consoles like Halo, COD 4, COD WAW, and Gears of War. Or even Killzone 2 for that matter. The Conduit weapons should be on those games I mentioned when unique features are concerned.

But this is my opinion please dont take this seriously...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
yushire said:
Seriously... OK then, if thats what you think then it is. But dont be disappointed if the game could be a average shooter with good controls and graphics for the Wii with average 16 players online without splitscreen. Just to end this debate on this thread again...

Honestly, that would be perfectly fine with me.  I don't like splitscreen anyways -- buy another TV!

...and buy another console and buy another copy of the game.

Not having to do all of the above is one of the reasons why the Wii is successful as a multi-player light gaming party platform. Split screen play does facilitate that kind of experience.

Console gamers tend to use the 360 for in-house console LAN parties, and naturally, the gung ho network gamers custom build LAN box PCs to tote around from one LAN gaming party to the next.

Either way, it seems pretty doubtful that there's some huge deluge of Wii owners who specifically didn't buy CoD WaW because they were "holding out" for the Conduit instead for multi-player FPS action on the Wii. It's not like there's currently any good competition on the platform for the FPS genre.

I think the reality may well be that there simply isn't as much of a market for FPS games on the Wii as there is for the 360, PS3 or PC, which will probably be appropriately reflected when the Conduit is released.

Since it's a platform exclusive, there are good odds it will sell better than CoD, but I hardly think the Conduit represents some magical turning point where 3rd party developers start flooding the Wii with top tier quality FPS/hardcore games.

yushire said:

1) Online isnt what we expected to be, The Conduit cant surpass the numbers of guns and perks and ranking of COD WAW. COD WAW was only 8 players but the game was still fun because of that. Im discussing the Wii version here, forget about the other versions Im talking about the Wii version.

2) It will have average reviews wether on singleplayer or multiplayer, and it dont have splitscreen to worth a purchase, which means most Wii gamers thats waiting for this game instead of buying for COD WAW will be deeply disappointed.

3) The weapons and art design arent unique or special unlike other online games in other consoles like Halo, COD 4, COD WAW, and Gears of War. Or even Killzone 2 for that matter. The Conduit weapons should be on those games I mentioned when unique features are concerned.

They're all possible, though, and if any of them come true then the title will suffer a bit for it. Never apologize for an honest opinion, yushire, especially if it's meant to further discussion.

Number 3 in particular, I fear, will come true. While the game looks fun enough, and impressions have hitherto been quite positive, a lot of the game does scream "generic" to me. I'll probably still get it, for the controls and multiplayer if nothing else (it's gotten me to play MOH:H2 for a year now), but I do wish the game has some more distinguishing features. And I believe the lack of splitscreen has already been confirmed (someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong).

noname2200 said:
yushire said:

They're all possible, though, and if any of them come true then the title will suffer a bit for it. Never apologize for an honest opinion, yushire, especially if it's meant to further discussion.

Number 3 in particular, I fear, will come true. While the game looks fun enough, and impressions have hitherto been quite positive, a lot of the game does scream "generic" to me. I'll probably still get it, for the controls and multiplayer if nothing else (it's gotten me to play MOH:H2 for a year now), but I do wish the game has some more distinguishing features. And I believe the lack of splitscreen has already been confirmed (someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong).

For the sake of graphics theres no splitscreen unfortunately, wether co-op or multiplay. Though we should request HVS about it. Im gonna purchase this day one(not exactly) but definitely I will buy this and change my opinion about this game if theres a splitscreen multiplayer.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
yushire said:
noname2200 said:
yushire said:

For the sake of graphics theres no splitscreen unfortunately, wether co-op or multiplay. Though we should request HVS about it. Im gonna purchase this day one(not exactly) but definitely I will buy this and change my opinion about this game if theres a splitscreen multiplayer.

If you don't think The Conduit will live up to your high expectations, the why buy it? Could you even play it and have fun with it?

it does worth the hype

after playing Mushroom men made fromt the same developers, i know that these people are not joking!

Conduit should be really made with a lot of effort!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
it does worth the hype

after playing Mushroom men made fromt the same developers, i know that these people are not joking!

Lies.

High Voltage Software didn't have anything to do with Mushroom Men.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
it does worth the hype

Red Fly Studios is the maker of Mushroom Men game series. High Voltage Studios makes The Conduit.

So Sorry.

It will be one of the Wii's biggest games of 2009 and it will show the next leap in Wiis graphics capabilities.