By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

it need to lives the hype!!

Around the Network
yushire said:
Compared to the other shooters and FPS that will coming to PS360 and PC? Hhmm... let me think about it. Ermh... NO!

The only way for third parties to convinced them to take serious on the Wii was to Ninty to flood the userbase and sell even more millions of Wiis to force 3rd parties to invest on it. just as simple as that...

I think the Conduit will compare very well to PS360 shooters.  Small sacrifice in graphics, but a huge gain in controls and game play realism.  It's going to be a must have title for the Wii and I can't wait to get it (though I will defintiely be purchasing other titles as well -- Monster Hunter 3 looks like a must have too).

LOL like I said, if The conduit surpass everything with COD series especially the multiplayer and online, maybe except for the graphics, then I could eat crow. I even admit my mistake to judge this game. But if not, and it turned out to be just a average shooter with average 16 player multiplayer then...

OH WELL, with EA in the edge of the cliff right now they cant just possibly ignore Wii anymore. Maybe we will see MOH: H3 soon. Unless they dont want to be bankrupted...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:

LOL like I said, if The conduit surpass everything with COD series especially the multiplayer and online, maybe except for the graphics, then I could eat crow. I even admit my mistake to judge this game. But if not, and it turned out to be just a average shooter with average 16 player multiplayer then...

OH WELL, with EA in the edge of the cliff right now they cant just possibly ignore Wii anymore. Maybe we will see MOH: H3 soon. Unless they dont want to be bankrupted...

The thing that attracts me the most to The Conduit is the controls.  I had twice as much fun with metroid prime 3 then metroid prime 1 or 2 because of the controls.  To alot of people, maybe not all, controls are what make and break the game.  Hell I loved red steel just because of the controls yet it was very mediocre when compared to a game like cod 4.  

yushire said:

Let go of your hatred.

Around the Network
shakarak said:
yushire said:

The thing that attracts me the most to The Conduit is the controls.  I had twice as much fun with metroid prime 3 then metroid prime 1 or 2 because of the controls.  To alot of people, maybe not all, controls are what make and break the game.  Hell I loved red steel just because of the controls yet it was very mediocre when compared to a game like cod 4.  

Just to let you know, I borrow QoS Wii from a friend, (and BTW for everyone here QoS Wii was rental, unless you want to play splitscreen, but if not rent it) and the controls were quite good. The graphics were not quite to be desired but definitely Activision was quite there when controls are concerned. The downside was the auto aim though, for everyone here dont use the Z button, its not a sight like everyone here thinks. Its just auto aim and that makes me minus the points in control I could give the controls a 9 but I might give it a 7.5. Im repeating the singleplayer again because it makes the game boring when you used auto aim... And third parties arent trying on this stage... Just give 3rd parties some time. They cant possibly ignore the Wii anymore, unless they just want to develop blockbuster games after blockbuster games on HD consoles, which is bad because the games will be fewer and fewer the gaming industry could collapsed if they keep doing that.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

xeroxm3 said:
yushire said:

Let go of your hatred.

And why do you think like that? Like I said, if the conduit surpass COD then I will eat crow, I think I'll make a sig for that just to prove Im serious...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
xeroxm3 said:
yushire said:

Let go of your hatred.

And why do you think like that? Like I said, if the conduit surpass COD then I will eat crow, I think I'll make a sig for that just to prove Im serious...

I'm assuming you mean COD 4 or something right? The IGN Nintendo team and many other game sites have praised the game for its control (that can be changed on the fly!) and it's graphics as some of the best or the best on Wii. The art design for the game isn't quite there yet and the gameplay while solid looks a bit generic, but I'd take a new sci-fi FPS over another WW2 FPS anyday. I just find it pointless to try a rip on people for hyping a game they're excited to play. As I said if you're not interested in this game then good for you, but why did you make a thread about this game then? If you want COD then play it on PS360 or PC and get your kicks there otherwise accept the reality of the Wii FPS dilemma, which is put your hopes in The Conduit or wait patiently.

Seriously... OK then, if thats what you think then it is. But dont be disappointed if the game could be a average shooter with good controls and graphics for the Wii with average 16 players online without splitscreen. Just to end this debate on this thread again...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
Seriously... OK then, if thats what you think then it is. But dont be disappointed if the game could be a average shooter with good controls and graphics for the Wii with average 16 players online without splitscreen. Just to end this debate on this thread again...

Then again, just because you could be disappointed by the Online play or it could get low grades in reviews does not have to make a gamer disappointed because of it or make it bad. Not saying that it will get bad. Anyway, I don't care about Online much anyway, hope single player stuff will be good.

And if The Conduit would be a little worse then CoD WAW, then I would still think is is better as it ain't WW2.