By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

psychoBrew said:
yushire said:
OK, OK... if somehow The Conduit could surpass COD in every aspect especially online multiplayer then Im wrong and I could eat crow. If not, then why hype this? There are more games needs to be hyped like Madworld and HOTD Overkill.

I think we should demand third parties to give us GOOD GAMES rather than shovelware (its our right after all) the Wii have the majority of userbase compared to HD consoles after all, rather than to wait for a new game we dont knew if good or not.

If we really want good COD then we have the right to demand it from Activision. We're in majority after all, why not give it to us? Do you all really think the 39 million people bought the Wiis are casuals? LOL

SERIOUSLY, The Conduit isnt the answer for our hardcore gaming needs, we should show to third parties that there are people on the Wii audience that are core and needed it.

The problem with COD: WAW is it's yet another watered down version (though definitely a better effort than 3).  Most people I know that are in to playing FPS games have both a Wii and a 360 and would rather buy the full version.  I will be buying COD: WAW for the Wii since that's the system I will be getting and I hate using joysticks on games like this anyway, but I'm still a little dissapointed in the effort and I would pick up the Conduit before WAW if it were available.

Third parties should give us good games instead of watered down versions, and if the Conduit is successful, we may well see a more serious effort from other third parties since they'll know there's interest (spending 8 mil to develop a title on the Wii takes alot of convincing).  The thing is, the only way to show third parties there are pleanty of core fans is to support games like the Conduit.  The Conduit is not the only answer for hard core games on the Wii, but it's certainly one of them.  I don't think it's your style of game though, and that's the real problem you have with it.

If The Conduit does things good with controls, online and other stuff, then I think we might see CoD games and other FPS games implementing ideas from The Conduit in future versions. I think The Conduit might set a new level for FPS games on Wii more then being the best FPS game on Wii or making developers make more FPS games for Wii.

Around the Network
Tuulikk said:

If The Conduit does things good with controls, online and other stuff, then I think we might see CoD games and other FPS games implementing ideas from The Conduit in future versions. I think The Conduit might set a new level for FPS games on Wii more then being the best FPS game on Wii or making developers make more FPS games for Wii.

Havent you figured out that 3rd parties knew how to do a FPS on the Wii? They just dont want to do it especially the controls and multiplayer RIGHT? The Conduit isnt the turning point on how 3rd parties do a FPS on the Wii, 3rd parties KNEW how to make a FPS on the Wii, they just too lazy to do it.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
Tuulikk said:

Havent you figured out that 3rd parties knew how to do a FPS on the Wii? They just dont want to do it especially the controls and multiplayer RIGHT? The Conduit isnt the turning point on how 3rd parties do a FPS on the Wii, 3rd parties KNEW how to make a FPS on the Wii, they just too lazy to do it.

Yes yes. The developers are to lazy. But just like the fight between Guitar Hero and Rock Band and many other gameseries, developers don't want to be much worse then the competition if they don't have to. Therefore I think The Conduit might raise the bar a bit.

Compared to the other shooters and FPS that will coming to PS360 and PC? Hhmm... let me think about it. Ermh... NO!

The only way for third parties to convinced them to take serious on the Wii was to Ninty to flood the userbase and sell even more millions of Wiis to force 3rd parties to invest on it. just as simple as that...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
Compared to the other shooters and FPS that will coming to PS360 and PC? Hhmm... let me think about it. Ermh... NO!

The only way for third parties to convinced them to take serious on the Wii was to Ninty to flood the userbase and sell even more millions of Wiis to force 3rd parties to invest on it. just as simple as that...

Why are you pointing out PC and Xbox 360?

You don't believe in third party at all?

I think The Conduit might change things, even of only on small levels. It might be the first FPS game for Wii with ultimate control settings, best online and first with Wii Speak. If you don't think those or other things count much in the success of The Conduit or in they eyes of third party, then I won't force it on you.

Around the Network

In the end, sales for such an effort matters. As long as the game is of reasonably good quality and sells well, other third party developers will make more reasonably good quality games for the Wii, some of them actually might end up highly rated.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

yushire said:
Simply because HVS do what developers must do in a average Wii game and not a shoddy port doesnt mean we have to hype this game as the best graphics or awesome game on the Wii. If you want to see that kind of graphics why not buy a xbox game?

Because on the PS3/Xbox360 you have crappy gamepad controls? I love shooter and would like to play a good SF-Shooter on the Wii because this is the first console that implements good shooter-controls.

EA and SONY cuts more jobs its news today, more proof that disruption is working. Recession also helps, so consumers will not buy a expensive console for their gaming needs.

I know, its harsh in few months if this happens some 3rd parties could bankrupt but its their own fault in the first place. YEAH, I dont believe in 3rd parties, they will never change. The only thing to do was to forced to develop games on the Wii OR ELSE...

And I dont believe the so called impact of The Conduit, it will be agood game but just thats it. Like I said, 3rd parties knew how to make a FPS on the Wii, would be even better than The Conduit, just make MOH: H3 and it will sell like hotcakes. But I guess EA wont do that, OH WELL...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@ yushire

Third parties may know how to make a FPS on Wii but that doesn't change the fact that HVS are one of the few devs that are trying to push the Wii not just tech-wise but feature-wise as well. Very few devs, especially a smaller team like HVS, have put this much effort into a Wii game so naturally Wii owners are going to be excited for such a game. Also the Wiimote controls for FPS games are much better than dual analog so it makes perfect sense for people to hype a game with fully customizable controls. Will The Conduit be a AAA game that redefines the genre? No, but no one expected it to be an innovative title. The Conduit is the Wii's first real FPS built especially to take advantage of all its unique properties. If you don't want this game or aren't hyped for it that's good for you, but why are you making such a big deal about other's being excited for it?

idk, maybe it'll make me actually like shooters, which would be a feat since they generally bore me.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k